• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-star (#13 Ranked JUCO Player) DE Commits To Cal

I think Tannor will be a very good player, but that will depend on his development. Probably him and Ferguson as starters next year.

Domann is good against the spread, but not who you want holding the edge against Wisky or Iowa.

I’m sure they questioned if Dixon was big enough, but wanted to add talent despite not being a perfect fit.

I think at least two of Alexander, Jefferson, and Thomas are gone. Alex Davis, maybe. If he’s not, I don’t think he’s the type of player that we want to see at OLB.

I think we get the JUCO Dru Mathis. Seems to be a good blend of power and speed off the edge.

I think at least two of Alexander, Jefferson, and Thomas are gone. Alex Davis, maybe. If he’s not, I don’t think he’s the type of player that we want to see at OLB.

If forced to wager I'd put money none of those 4 will be on the fall roster over two of them. Alex may stay for the degree but his time is probably done on the field. For all I know, he probably already has his degree.

Last edited:

If forced to wager I'd put money none of those 4 will be on the fall roster over two of them. Alex may stay for the degree but his time is probably done on the field. For all I know, he probably already has his degree.

Alexander might stick around. Guy Thomas was the biggest recruit, but don't know how he's looked. I think three out of the four will be gone.

Alexander might stick around. Guy Thomas was the biggest recruit, but don't know how he's looked. I think three out of the four will be gone.
If Guy were to be on the fall roster, it would certainly be considered a surprise. Doesn't sound like there will be much effort to change his mind.

If Guy were to be on the fall roster, it would certainly be considered a surprise. Doesn't sound like there will be much effort to change his mind.

Alexander seems the most engaged w/ what's going on. He's my bet to stick. It'll be a relief when it's a roster full of guys who were recruited by the current staff and knew coming in what would be expected of them.

Alexander seems the most engaged w/ what's going on. He's my bet to stick. It'll be a relief when it's a roster full of guys who were recruited by the current staff and knew coming in what would be expected of them.
Think you may have your Alex(es) confused. Alex Davis is a guy on board with the coaches but is horribly unproductive. 5 tackles this year. Five. Remember, he started over half the games and played tons of minutes. Quay Alexander has never moved the needle. All sorts of questions regarding his desire to make it at the D1 level.

Think you may have your Alex(es) confused. Alex Davis is a guy on board with the coaches but is horribly unproductive. 5 tackles this year. Five. Remember, he started over half the games and played tons of minutes. Quay Alexander has never moved the needle. All sorts of questions regarding his desire to make it at the D1 level.

Nope, I got them straight.

Quay Alexander seems engaged w/ the team at least from a social media aspect. That's why he's my prediction to stay, but I don't think he ever contributes.

Why are you asking him? Why don't you ask the coaches?

Why wouldn’t I ask him? We’re having a conversation about it. I don’t think any of the coaches are in the thread discussing our OLB situation and none of them invited me over for the holidays. :thumbsup:

Wildeman is going to be a DE, I do believe. I haven't heard anything about Alston at all.

Maybe @ShortSideOption or somebody else can shed some light on him.
Alston got hurt midway thru the season and I hadn't heard much about him sense. Add him to the list of scholarship guys that had an injury slow them down. I do know the staff was pretty excited about him but he either was out with an injury to his leg while I was there or I didn't remember seeing him.

Hoping he can move himself into the mix at OLB tho. Wildeman is a DE, spot on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back