• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3 UCFantastic Days

OTOH....if SF doesn't turn it around and goes 4-20 over the next two years his HC prospects drop dramatically. I said it when he took the job...its going to be feast or famine at UCF. 0-12 to 2-10 won't help his future in any way. He needs to get to .500 quick and build from there.

The reason for UCF 0-12 season last year retired, resigned or was let go. A team with pretty good talent (for the AAC) is under new management and they are excited to make it work. UCF is going to surprise a lot of people this year that have bought into they are a 0-12 talent team.

OTOH....if SF doesn't turn it around and goes 4-20 over the next two years his HC prospects drop dramatically. I said it when he took the job...its going to be feast or famine at UCF. 0-12 to 2-10 won't help his future in any way. He needs to get to .500 quick and build from there.

4-20 at UCF would be bad for the resume of ANY aspiring HC. SF could have been the HC at Colorado State or Syracuse but he chose UCF because he thinks he can win there.

SF wanted to be a head coach and he finally found an opportunity he felt was suitable. But I doubt he will fail. The UCF players say they are excited about playing for him.

I expect the team to fight very hard and they won't be void of some lethal weapons. UCF has some exceptional players. It will likely be the fastest offense in the East, and that in itself creates a lethal weapon; An offense anticipated to be so fast that UCF hired an additional statistics recorder.

With a limited budget SF has assembled a fine staff. As good a staff as Urban Meyer would have assembled with the same dollars? Could be. Maybe as good as UM's staff as it stands right now.

Hey, the Frost Warning has been issued. Soon we will see what the rookie HC from Nebraska can do in 8 months with an 0-12 team. It will be interesting.

SF's debut will be a home game and it will include an Air Force fly-over. The 60,000 UCF student population provides the possibility of a loud and raucous home crowd. It should be quite an event.

Last edited:
When are you going to stop scolding me? You need to stop. You're not my Daddy.

As far as answering your question....I don't feel like you have a need to know.

Have I made myself...

C
C
Clear?

As they say...Nager is as Nager does.

:nod:

I prefer bad guy.

Love it when people avoid answering a question, it shows their position is weak.

Mocking a person's signature is cool.

I hope SF (Scott Frost) does well. Who could forget that int. he had for the Jets

C

I prefer bad guy.

Love it when people avoid answering a question, it shows their position is weak.

Mocking a person's signature is cool.

I hope SF (Scott Frost) does well. Who could forget that int. he had for the Jets

C

Look, you have proven time and time again that you just like to be a nuisance. I have no interest in having conversations with you or participating in your inquisitions of me. They never lead to anything good or worthwhile.

I am sure you can understand my desire to avoid nags. Nags are bad. They are one of the worst forms of energy vampires.

Last edited:

Look, you have proven time and time again that you just like to be a nuisance. I have no interest in having conversations with you or participating in your inquisitions of me. They never lead to anything good or worthwhile.

I am sure you can understand my desire to avoid nags. Nags are bad. They are one of the worst forms of energy vampires.

I asked a legitimate question based on your post I am sorry it bothered you. Must have hit a nerve.

C

I asked a legitimate question based on your post I am sorry it bothered you. Must have hit a nerve.C

I know how you operate. No matter how I would have answered the question, you would have used it to spark a new nag. Never in your life have you ever agreed with or complimented any of my posts. Every one of your responses to my posts has been an annoying nag. When it comes to Paramus you are a pure and unrelenting antagonist.

Conversing with you is a waste of my time.

Last edited:
I know how you operate. No matter how I would have answered the question, you would have used it to spark a new nag. Never in your life have you ever agreed with or complimented any of my posts. Every one of your responses to my posts has been an annoying nag. When it comes to Paramus you are a pure and unrelenting antagonist.

Conversing with you is a waste of my time.

I did belong to a Naval Air Group but not sure how that is pertinent here. Lol. I could easily have a decent discussion but it requires the other party to be willing. Saying "who is MR?" and avoiding the question is not willing.

Like I said, I hope SF(Scott Frost) does well, I have always liked him.

C

I don't understand why Urban Myers was brought up...

Anyway, Scott Frost is a Nebraska boy done good. He represents the state and our program well. We should be happy for his success and cheer him on as he moves up the coaching ranks.

Sure Paramus is a little bit more SF cheerleader than most of us are comfortable with but don't beat the guy up because he supports a fellow Nebraskan and his success.

Personally I am excited to see what he does at UCF. I hope he does well. GBR! ChargeON!
If I lived in Florida, I might be pretty excited too--making CFU my second team. But from a distance and with Nebraska nearby, I will pay almost no attention to CFU. I can understand why Paramus might be excited though because he isn't close to any good football programs and certainly none with a great Nebraska tie-in like SF.

If I lived in Florida, I might be pretty excited too--making CFU my second team. But from a distance and with Nebraska nearby, I will pay almost no attention to CFU. I can understand why Paramus might be excited though because he isn't close to any good football programs and certainly none with a great Nebraska tie-in like SF.

I live just a few miles from UCF and hang out with a number of professors and other university staff. I have never considered UCF Football as a team of interest. SF certainly made them more interesting to me.

SF made me more interested in Oregon but it helped my in laws live in Corvallis (and my BIL and SIL are alum of OSU)...I do like MR and think he is in a better place.

CFU? Play on the FU?

Last edited:
I see how you feel... But if SF wins 6 games at UCF this year will you at least admit that he did as well as UM would have?
What a stupid conversation. Not surprisingly considering you're 1/2 of it. As of right now sf can't carry urb's jock...not many can but definitely not a first year HC

What a stupid conversation. Not surprisingly considering you're 1/2 of it. As of right now sf can't carry urb's jock...not many can but definitely not a first year HC

I am afraid that you are making an assumption. You have no evidence. Your post is the same as Barfknecht's article about UNL needing more toughness at the top. It's nothing but conjecture and hyperbole. Tom Herman was a 1st year HC last year and his 3-star laden team could have beaten tOSU or anyone else last year.

So when it comes to coaching what is it that UM does better than SF? I am sure you have nothing to offer. You don't have a clue. You don't know anything about the new contender's ability as a HC. Nothing is what you know.

It was Urban Meyer who hired Tim Beck as his OC. Isn't that what Bo Pelini did? And then Urban decided to let Tim Beck call the plays against Michigan State last year. It cost tOSU a chance at another NC. That wasn't too clever now was it? I'd take SF's OC over UM's any weekday and twice on Sunday.

You remind me of all the reporters who were certain that Cassius Clay wouldn't last 2 rounds against Sonny Liston in Miami in 1964. They were so impressed with Liston that they didn't bother to take a close look at the new contender.

In 1964 the media knew that Clay was a 1st time challenger for the HWT crown and a former Olympic champion. But that's about it. You, Bils, know that SF is a 1st time HC and a former FBS NC. But that's about it. You know nothing about the new challenger's HCing ability but we know that you are very impressed with UM, the reigning champ. Same as it was in 1964.

Bils, the only thing you have is a dull axe to grind. You need to take your dull, biased, uninformed axe somewhere else.

IMHO, you and Solesrfr are cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

I am afraid that you are making an assumption. You have no evidence. Your post is the same as Barfknecht's article about UNL needing more toughness at the top. It's nothing but conjecture and hyperbole. Tom Herman was a 1st year HC last year and his 3-star laden team could have beaten tOSU or anyone else last year.

So when it comes to coaching what is it that UM does better than SF? I am sure you have nothing to offer. You don't have a clue. You don't know anything about the new contender's ability as a HC. Nothing is what you know.

It was Urban Meyer who hired Tim Beck as his OC. Isn't that what Bo Pelini did? And then Urban decided to let Tim Beck call the plays against Michigan State last year. It cost tOSU a chance at another NC. That wasn't too clever now was it? I'd take SF's OC over UM's any weekday and twice on Sunday.

You remind me of all the reporters who were certain that Cassius Clay wouldn't last 2 rounds against Sonny Liston in Miami in 1964. They were so impressed with Liston that they didn't bother to take a close look at the new contender.

In 1964 the media knew that Clay was a 1st time challenger for the HWT crown and a former Olympic champion. But that's about it. You, Bils, know that SF is a 1st time HC and a former FBS NC. But that's about it. You know nothing about the new challenger's HCing ability but we know that you are very impressed with UM, the reigning champ. Same as it was in 1964.

Bils, the only thing you have is a dull axe to grind. You need to take your dull, biased, uninformed axe somewhere else.

IMHO, you and Solesrfr are cut from the same cloth.

raw

C

Last edited:

cassius-clay-sonny-liston-1964.jpg

Yep , them thar young newcomers got no chance against the reigning champions. They need some time and experience to develop their skills before they can perform at the same level as the very best.

Ain't that right Mr. Bils!

Attachments

• Clay Vs Liston.jpg
    Clay Vs Liston.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back