• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Crystal Ball Predictions for Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to be recruiting Texas allot harder. We only have 7 players from Texas on our roster: Jaimes, Daniels, Psencik, Banks x 2, Manning & Nixon.
Only 2 on our current recruiting team from TX: Neville and Buford
But, we do have 8 from Georgia and 8 from Florida. Signed recruits we have 1 from FL and 3 from GA.

College Football 2020: Which states produce the most All-Americans? - Page 2 (saturdayblitz.com)
Football All-Americans by state from 2015 to 2019
  • Texas: 22
  • Georgia: 12
  • Florida: 11
  • Ohio: 8
  • New Jersey: 7
  • Louisiana: 6
  • Alabama, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Washington, Wisconsin: 4
  • California, Hawaii, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee: 3
  • Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Utah, Virginia: 2
  • Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nevada: 1
  • Australia: 4
  • Canada: 1

1609794690901.png

Last edited:

Frost was true to his word. He was given a very fair chance to win the starting job and his results were at best mixed. Hopefully he’ll decide to move to WR or running back. He’s a real threat with the football in open field.
I’m hoping am moves to a different position. Maybe then frost will go after a transfer guy that is a one for one.

I agree, but....LM is not shifting to RB/WR full time just yet (not saying you specifically said that). By all admission, LM was a project QB and I'm not sure you are being true to your word if you are Scott Frost if you move your FRESHMAN QB, who we now know isn't ready start to another position after is frosh campaign. Combine that with a no depth at the position, I suspect Luke will still be taking a vast majority of his reps next spring as QB2 (unless of course, they bring someone in from the outside to provide said depth --- which seems unlikely at this point). We are an AM injury away from disaster if LM moves to another position full time (p.s. AM gets hurt every year, so we have to take that into consideration).

I suspect LM will matriculate to a skill position following the 2021 season if I had to guess.
Am is a disaster anyways at this point. Slow blinker and can’t throw down field.

Martinez is not changing positions. Zero percent chance of that happening.
That’s to bad was hoping we could actually acquire a decent qb that could throw down field. Guess we will be looking for a new coach at the end of next year or the year after that if smoothers can’t throw

McCaffrey? Maybe/hopefully.
Martinez? Not happening.
So why maybe hopefully with mccaffery he has only started in two games. What leads you to believe am should be the starter? He has had three years as the main starter and has lead the league in turnovers just about everyone of those years.

So why maybe hopefully with mccaffery he has only started in two games. What leads you to believe am should be the starter? He has had three years as the main starter and has lead the league in turnovers just about everyone of those years.
Whether or not AM is the answer is a fair debate. I think LM has clearly established that he is not the answer as a full-time QB. McCaffrey's 1:6 interception to touchdown ratio is probably where I would start... and his one touchdown pass was a forward pitch to Betts behind the line of scrimmage. AM at least occasionally looks like a viable passing threat.

I think highly of LM as an athlete and offensive weapon. No so much as a QB.

Whether or not AM is the answer is a fair debate. I think LM has clearly established that he is not the answer as a full-time QB. McCaffrey's 1:6 interception to touchdown ratio is probably where I would start... and his one touchdown pass was a forward pitch to Betts behind the line of scrimmage. AM at least occasionally looks like a viable passing threat.

I think highly of LM as an athlete and offensive weapon. No so much as a QB.
Warner says...nevermind forget about it

That’s to bad was hoping we could actually acquire a decent qb that could throw down field. Guess we will be looking for a new coach at the end of next year or the year after that if smoothers can’t throw
Martinez can’t play another position. He doesn’t run like a running back, he’s not quick, doesn’t change direction well. Where would he play? How does his game translate to any other position? It’s different running as a QB compared to running back or receiver. Luke has a different tool box. I agree Martinez isn’t that great but moving him doesn’t help at all.

Martinez can’t play another position. He doesn’t run like a running back, he’s not quick, doesn’t change direction well. Where would he play? How does his game translate to any other position? It’s different running as a QB compared to running back or receiver. Luke has a different tool box. I agree Martinez isn’t that great but moving him doesn’t help at all.
If you are playing major college football you are obviously possessed with some athletic talent. I am amazed at so many that think you can just change positions though. AM has probably played QB most of his life and to just say lets move him to another position and expect a contribution is ill informed. We are not talking about moving a guy from guard to tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back