• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Crystal Ball Predictions for Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are playing major college football you are obviously possessed with some athletic talent. I am amazed at so many that think you can just change positions though. AM has probably played QB most of his life and to just say lets move him to another position and expect a contribution is ill informed. We are not talking about moving a guy from guard to tackle.
He’s very athletic and has tons of talent. It’s just some guys are built differently. I just can’t see a move for him. If he had started at wide receiver or tight end in high school maybe I could see it. We definitely agree on this.

If this has been answered here or in another, my apologies. In terms of eligibility, AM just completed his true Junior year, does he have 2 years to play 1 more, or due to the recent NCAA covid reg's, now have 3 to play 2?

If this has been answered here or in another, my apologies. In terms of eligibility, AM just completed his true Junior year, does he have 2 years to play 1 more, or due to the recent NCAA covid reg's, now have 3 to play 2?
This year doesn't count, so in essence he is getting ready to start his true junior year. Therefore, as you mentioned, he has 3 to play 2.

If you are playing major college football you are obviously possessed with some athletic talent. I am amazed at so many that think you can just change positions though. AM has probably played QB most of his life and to just say lets move him to another position and expect a contribution is ill informed. We are not talking about moving a guy from guard to tackle.
Agree with you, but the other option is don't play him, move LM to a WR or RB, and Smothers is up. Reason I say don't play AM is because my own opinion is it will ultimately lead to Frosts end at Nebraska. Not trying to be rude or hurtful to Adrian because I think a lot of him as a person, but I just don't think he's consistent enough. Normally you can make the argument that any kid just needs to mature, but Adrian has had ample time. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Man this morphed into AM trashfest. He's our QB come next Aug. Beyond that, none of you know how next year is going to go. He certainly has the skills to do it by evidence of his FR year. Whether that's lost for good...we will find out. I love the kid...he's a leader. All this garbage talk by a few of you sounds like drunk talk.

Problem is, you don't have anyone more consistent, which is depressing as all get out.

AM is your QB1 next year barring injury. Scott sinks or swins with him, which ironically, is how it should be considering his excessive loyalty to him.
No disagreement.

I think we need to be recruiting Texas allot harder. We only have 7 players from Texas on our roster: Jaimes, Daniels, Psencik, Banks x 2, Manning & Nixon.
Only 2 on our current recruiting team from TX: Neville and Buford
But, we do have 8 from Georgia and 8 from Florida. Signed recruits we have 1 from FL and 3 from GA.

College Football 2020: Which states produce the most All-Americans? - Page 2 (saturdayblitz.com)
Football All-Americans by state from 2015 to 2019
  • Texas: 22
  • Georgia: 12
  • Florida: 11
  • Ohio: 8
  • New Jersey: 7
  • Louisiana: 6
  • Alabama, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Washington, Wisconsin: 4
  • California, Hawaii, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee: 3
  • Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Utah, Virginia: 2
  • Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nevada: 1
  • Australia: 4
  • Canada: 1

View attachment 57982
I often wonder about this because we don't play down in Texas anymore. There's some school of thought that you need to recruit where you play. With that said, Nebraska did very well in California and Florida in the 90s and didn't play there regularly (even though we were one of the few teams on TV every weekend so family could watch). Texas was a hot bed when we played in the Big12 and Coach Austin has great connections there. Indiana has also proved that they are making it work with Florida kids.

No idea the answer, but this graph definitely tells a story.

Did he say why?
I didn't hear the entire interview on 590...I caught the last couple of minutes. I heard Nick say something along the lines of, "Well, I will go with what you said that he won't be coming to Nebraska. If he changes his mind, I will be very happy and surprised."

That's all I got.

I didn't hear the entire interview on 590...I caught the last couple of minutes. I heard Nick say something along the lines of, "Well, I will go with what you said that he won't be coming to Nebraska. If he changes his mind, I will be very happy and surprised."

That's all I got.

Thanks I will see if I can find the podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back