• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

I think Height although it can be important. Is a bit overblown when it comes to CB position. Barron Miles was 5'8" tall yet I would take him over anybody on the team right now. No matter their height. Now he may be an extreme example as I believe he is the greatest CB we ever had. The NFL was afraid of his height, so he went to Canada and became the greatest CB in the history of that league.

Again, Barron was a physical freak, I just hope our coaches do not get too wrapped up in the NFL measurables. I know I made that mistake with Ameer. Where would we have been his senior year without him. Just saying.

OK kind of a weird question. Since these kids are from SLC and they are by appearances PI. You can assume that most of them are in the LDS church. (LDS has made a concerted effort to send missionaries to the south pacific. Which is why so many PI players go to BYU) Does not matter to me that they are. I am just curious if there is a big LDS community in and around the Lincoln/Omaha area? That could be key to recruiting kids out of that area.

I'd be shocked if it's a small class. I think we still get into the mid 20's.
I think your right, but won't know until obviously the end of Spring and Fall camps when people start to realize they aren't going to be having a major role on the team.. We are above scholarships now, what does that number look like by the end of summer.. i till think a couple walk ons could get scholy's..

I think Height although it can be important. Is a bit overblown when it comes to CB position. Barron Miles was 5'8" tall yet I would take him over anybody on the team right now. No matter their height. Now he may be an extreme example as I believe he is the greatest CB we ever had. The NFL was afraid of his height, so he went to Canada and became the greatest CB in the history of that league.

Again, Barron was a physical freak, I just hope our coaches do not get too wrapped up in the NFL measurables. I know I made that mistake with Ameer. Where would we have been his senior year without him. Just saying.
IMPO the best cover corners I have ever seen play at NU were Prince, Alfonso, Barron, and I am going to throw in Ralph Brown. I believe none of them were over six feet.

IMPO the best cover corners I have ever seen play at NU were Prince, Alfonso, Barron, and I am going to throw in Ralph Brown. I believe none of them were over six feet.

Nebraska has had its share of outstanding CB over the years. Miles shot at the NFL probably wasn't aided by his height but it wasn't completely eliminated. Ralph Brown came along and had a very long productive career in the 5'9" range. Darrell Green was still rolling along just fine when Miles was drafted. T. Buckley, Mark McMillian... Miles was drafted, and played for the steelers just long enough to get injured in the preseason and miss out on a spot, eventually leading him to Canada where he thrived.
My short list is not gonna vary much from either of yours. I'd add Tyrone Williams (pretty good tandem with Barron) Keyuo Craver.....
Booker, Groce and Pickens (marshall faulk) make the list and of course the great Pat Fisher.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back