• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 MLB Thread

As an A’s fan facing a move to the desert and analyzing my loyalty to the franchise playing there games in an oversized gymnasium is not appealing. Baseball is an outdoor game. Should not be played on carpet inside a refrigerator but I don’t see a way around it in Vegas.

I feel for A's fans. Never spend big money, worst stadium in sports.

I'm a Raiders fan so I've already been through the move from Oakland and I can see the issue from both sides, but the only people that lose either way is the fans in Oakland.

In other news Braves continue to pace the NL with 2 members of the rotation on the IL. They may have the MVP and Cy Young winner on their roster.

Dbacks have been a fun surprise.

Orioles continue to prove they are a force.

Rays are still scorching hot and lead the league in homers.

Rangers are a high quality team, but how do they absorb DeGrom going down over the course of a whole season.

I'm a Raiders fan so I've already been through the move from Oakland and I can see the issue from both sides, but the only people that lose either way is the fans in Oakland.

In other news Braves continue to pace the NL with 2 members of the rotation on the IL. They may have the MVP and Cy Young winner on their roster.

Dbacks have been a fun surprise.

Orioles continue to prove they are a force.

Rays are still scorching hot and lead the league in homers.

Rangers are a high quality team, but how do they absorb DeGrom going down over the course of a whole season.

Thus far for the Rangers, the bats have been hot. Texas leads the majors in team batting average and runs scored. Texas is 6th in team ERA. Good, but there's some pitchers pitching above their norm thus far, I think.

My Phillies are 10-2 in their last 12. Just like last year, they limped for the first two months then turned it on. They took 3 of 4 from the D-Backs in Arizona this week, right after winning a series over the Dodgers.

Atlanta-Philly, 3-game series next week -- in Philadelphia.

Last edited:
Thus far for the Rangers, the bats have been hot. Texas leads the majors in team batting average and runs scored. Texas is 6th in team ERA. Good, but there's some pitchers pitching above their norm thus far, I think.

My Phillies are 10-2 in their last 12. Just like last year, they limped for the first two months then turned it on. They took 3 of 4 from the D-Backs in Arizona this week, right after winning a series over the Dodgers.

It will depend on what spots in the rotation will be due up for the Braves. I can't see the Phils winning 2 or 3 if they have to face Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine....

Phillies now 12-2 in their last 14!

Also worth mentioning -- The Cincinnati Reds. Winners of 7 straight, and a half-game out of first in the NL Central. That's a fun team with all sorts of great, young talent.

Last edited:
Runners on 2nd in extras continues to be the most embarrassing rule in all of sports.
I was watching a game early in the season, and didn't know about this "Rule" when the game went extra innings. I stepped into the kitchen to grab a beer during the commercial, and when the game came back on, dude was on 2nd and I was like, WTH? I couldn't figure out what was going on, but then the announcer talked about it. It messed with my head at first. Dumb rule indeed.

That'll be a great series. Both teams are hot, but the Braves are winning games without great starting pitching. Morton and strider have both given up their share of runs the last couple times out. Their offense is scary though.

That'll be a great series. Both teams are hot, but the Braves are winning games without great starting pitching. Morton and strider have both given up their share of runs the last couple times out. Their offense is scary though.

I hope we get some of this. ;)

Schwarber is hot right now. The fans are gonna be juiced in Philly this week.

Last week against the Dodgers.

Last edited:
Reds - Orioles had a heck of a series. AL central might be won by a team with a losing record. The top 4 highest payrolls may miss the playoffs.

Braves are now challenging the Rays for best record.

German threw a perfect game which is always cool to see. I saw a tweet that his last time out he gave up 10 runs to the mariners, gotta have a short memory in baseball.

Ohtani by rights should win MVP without any discussion until he becomes below average in hitting or pitching. I'd love to see the angels make the playoffs.

Reds - Orioles had a heck of a series. AL central might be won by a team with a losing record. The top 4 highest payrolls may miss the playoffs.

Braves are now challenging the Rays for best record.

German threw a perfect game which is always cool to see. I saw a tweet that his last time out he gave up 10 runs to the mariners, gotta have a short memory in baseball.

Ohtani by rights should win MVP without any discussion until he becomes below average in hitting or pitching. I'd love to see the angels make the playoffs.

I would like to see the Angels in the postseason, but I'm almost expecting them to fall back to recent reality -- and some team like Houston to click when it matters. I actually want to see the Angels in the postseason for Trout.

The Twins are a joke. I thought they'd win the Central easily. That team can't score runs. Actually, the entire AL Central can't score runs. 5 of the lowest 6 teams in runs scored in the AL are in the Central.

Crazy when the best team in the Central would be last place in the East.

I also enjoyed seeing the perfect game -- and I hate the Yankees. But perfect games -- that's something that's only happened 24 times in the entire, long history of major league baseball. It is the most amazing, single game feat possible. Probably even more so this season, with the rule changes that have favored offense.

Last edited:

Phillies just took a 2 game to zip series lead in Tampa! :Bow:

21-7 since June 3. Playing really well. The Braves are still the Braves -- and there's no catching ATL. But I'm liking the chances for Philadelphia to get back in the playoffs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back