• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Fall Preseason Camp::Last Day Of Fall Camp: 24 August Practice No Media

Won't have time to watch until later. Any comments from Satt on offense's struggles in scrimmage, getting plays in, etc?
Not to beat a dead horse but Satt continues to be unimpressive in interviews. I am hoping he is more impressive on game day. At the same time White crushes the interviews. I hope he crushes it on game day.

Huh, I wear a band around my arm that looks like a wrist watch.

tickrfit-lifestyle.png

Huh, I wear a band around my arm that looks like a wrist watch.

View attachment 99336
I am fairly certain that what Sim's is wearing could do much more than heart rate. Breathing rate (not just O2 levels) being one. Potential for measuring force of an impact another. Maybe an on board stethoscope. These could be sent wirelessly to a dashboard that an analyst could keep an eye on.

A look at the physical conditioning of the team and checking abnormalities of players before / during each series in a game.

Not saying that is what is happening here, but it could.

Analytics of players for coaches to better understand the stress level of an individual by looking at early warning signs. NFL players wearing them too.

Last edited:
I am fairly certain that what Sim's is wearing could do much more than heart rate. Breathing rate (not just O2 levels) being one. Potential for measuring force of an impact another. Maybe an on board stethoscope. These could be sent wirelessly to a dashboard that an analyst could keep an eye on.

A look at the physical conditioning of the team and checking abnormalities of players before / during each series in a game.

Analytics of players for coaches to better understand the stress level of an individual by looking at early warning signs. NFL players wearing them too.
Yes, saw an article on that about a pro wearing one. The reason it looks like that it it is best design to keep the semsor in place with good contact between the shoulder blades.

Has GPS and does tons of biometrics.

Core Temps likely as well, marking potential calorie burn etc

Yes, saw an article on that about a pro wearing one. The reason it looks like that it it is best design to keep the semsor in place with good contact between the shoulder blades.

They should just chip 'em.

There's a whole bunch of wearables that fall in this category – WHOOP, Oura Ring are most notable. Both of those are worn on the wrist. Courtesy of heart rate measurement they generate a whole bunch of data – resting heart rate, respiratory rate, sleep tracking, sleep stages, heart rate variability, etc.

The Catapult system kicks it up a notch as @huskernut alludes too. Measures total distance during a practice, acceleration, top speed, heat mapping a player's position on the practice field (were they standing around all practice?) etc. Also – measuring heart rate via chest strap is much more accurate than a wrist worn device.

All of these systems feed into a centralized coaching platform that's tracked by performance and coaching staff. It's all non-clinical, which is how they side-step the privacy issues.

I don't know exactly, but I suspect the conversation sounds like – if you want to be on the team, you're going to wear this.

Last edited:

Not to beat a dead horse but Satt continues to be unimpressive in interviews. I am hoping he is more impressive on game day. At the same time White crushes the interviews. I hope he crushes it on game day.
We’ve had quite a few coaches and coordinators who killed it in front of a microphone but not much else.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back