• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Fall Preseason Camp::Last Day Of Fall Camp: 24 August Practice No Media

This fits with what I've said about assuming we will continue getting a pro rata share of B1G revenues isn't a given for us. Big money is in the driver's seat now and realignment can as easily rewrite customs like equal shares as it can move teams in - or out. Everything is on the table.

Nebraska miraculously still has a great brand but there's no question we've frittered much away. We need to usually be in the top 6 or at least 8 in the B1G so our games are must-watch TV. Thankfully, so far it looks like Trev couldn't have made a better coaching hire.

Frankly basketball is going to have to become more competitive too, imo. Pronto.
I think Nebraska is OK but it is close after the Riley / Frost debacles. Thanks to our loyal fans nationwide we will draw a lot of subscribers. When they ask on your streaming system for your favorite team be sure not to skip and to pick Nebraska! That's how they know.

But we need to give the younger generation something to hang their hat on football wise or it could all go away for us. Aside from past success and fan enthusiasm there's not much separating us from Wyoming or Iowa State. So we better subscribe subscribe subscribe!

I think Nebraska is OK but it is close after the Riley / Frost debacles. Thanks to our loyal fans nationwide we will draw a lot of subscribers. When they ask on your streaming system for your favorite team be sure not to skip and to pick Nebraska! That's how they know.

But we need to give the younger generation something to hang their hat on football wise or it could all go away for us. Aside from past success and fan enthusiasm there's not much separating us from Wyoming or Iowa State. So we better subscribe subscribe subscribe!
Sadly there is a lot of truth here.

This fits with what I've said about assuming we will continue getting a pro rata share of B1G revenues isn't a given for us. Big money is in the driver's seat now and realignment can as easily rewrite customs like equal shares as it can move teams in - or out. Everything is on the table.

Nebraska miraculously still has a great brand but there's no question we've frittered much away. We need to usually be in the top 6 or at least 8 in the B1G so our games are must-watch TV. Thankfully, so far it looks like Trev couldn't have made a better coaching hire.

Frankly basketball is going to have to become more competitive too, imo. Pronto.
It could be before we lose our potential, Nebraska needs to step up to it is all Trev is saying.
Too much history before our fan base fades to oblivion as to the timelines he opaquely talks about. Best time is now.

That's how I read it. Some far flung future after everything's downsized? After our fanbase has rode off to the sunset? No.

Leverage now if we want to be relevant again.

MR said in answer to a question that Gundy was the most underrated coach he had coached against. He does more with fewer ranked players than anyone else.

Cowherd went on and on about how great Omaha was to visit (he covered the College World Series one year- he knew the university is in Lincoln) and how great Husker fans were in general.

He also said the 95 Huskers were the most dominant college team he had ever seen - he was at that Fiesta bowl covering it for a Tampa station.
I know a lot of folks don't like Cowherd but I think he tells it like he sees it. When NU hired Riley, Cowherd said, "you don't win with nice."

ESPN likes controversy and they put two people with opposing views with each other and for me that's disingenuous. In that regard, I see Cowherd as a breath of fresh air.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back