• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Kool Aid

Apologies, but i consider Jurgens, whom arrived as a TE and become a dandy center, as a fine example of development. And there has been some. Maybe not as much as one wishes, maybe not in certain cases, but not none.
But i get it, your assessment is rife with hyperbole, and that lends well to the emotionalism accompanying the frustration we all feel. The problem with emotional assessment is it overlooks those aspects which are sound.
It has been observed that NE won 3 games this year, and that such numbers historically spell doom for a program. However it is also the case that, historically, 3 win teams fold up and mail the last games in. Given everything that has transpired this year to these kids, no one would have been surprised had they done just that. And likely that would have been the back-break straw for Frost.
It is my belief that any leader whom can hold up under this year's circumstances, and still hold sway over his troops is a person worth following. The kids told me so this year.
We sucked at punting this season, Im thinking we can wait another before attempting to punt one more coach.
I really hate it when you come on here making sense. :thumbsup:

Only people who ignore history believe SF has any likely chance of being a good coach. Has never been done in modern football history where a coach with four consecutive losing seasons ever suceeded.

What rational reasons do you base your hope on?
Good question, but it has a few underlying premises that I question. Are you confident that only people who ignore history believe SF has any likely chance of being a good coach? Is it just an unsupported opinion or do you have objective evidence to support this statement?

The second questionable premise is that I “believe” SF will become a ”good coach”, which I assume means he will turn the program around at Nebraska next year. I have no such “belief”. I think it is more likely than not that Frost does not turn it around next year. But I recognize that I don’t have the kind of access and information to conclude that Scott Frost is a lost cause. But, a guy who does have a ton of information and close access to the program saw enough in the practices, games, and his meetings with the coaches to believe Frost should get another year. Who am I to suggest that I could make a more informed decision from my couch than Trev made from the athletic office?

What do I base my hope that the program is successful next year? Don‘t you hope they are successful next year? I guess I hope they are successful next year because I want the program to be successful. Will they be? That depends on a lot of factors, one of the important being the team of offensive coaches we bring in house.

Well if you believe there are posters like that….and they have 15-29 to prove their point…..why would you state they prefer personal gratification of firing coaches over the success of the program? It’s exactly opposite. Maybe it’s statements like that fans find argumentative. There are many more indicators than not which point to a continued lack of success. You are entitled to ignore them. But trying to claim reasonable posters hate Scott Frost for no reason and get off on firing coaches is way off basis.
Well, because of their statements, some of which I included in my prior response.

For the record, I have never suggested it was unreasonable for fans to want to boot Frost because of the 15-29 record. That’s a perfectly reasonable position to take from a program that twice fired 9 win coaches. All I ever suggested was that perhaps a more in depth analysis of the program should be considered. I didn’t even suggest that a deeper analysis would result in retention of Frost; just that we shouldn‘t be rash. If Trev had looked under to tent and saw a completely incompetent coach with no hope of ever being successful here, by all means he could have, and should have pulled the cord. But if there is more under the tent than it appears just watching the screen from the couch, then perhaps another year would be a good idea.

Apparently, Trev took the more conservative approach and looked under the tent and decided there was enough hope that Scott could still turn it around that he made a deal with him. We will know in a year how the gamble worked out.

In the meantime, I will unashamedly support Trev and the football staff and hope they can pull it off. If they don’t, then so be it.

Last edited:

Well, because of their statements, some of which I included in my prior response.

For the record, I have never suggested it was unreasonable for fans to want to boot Frost because of the 15-29 record. That’s a perfectly reasonable position to take from a program that twice fired 9 win coaches. All I ever suggested was that perhaps a more in depth analysis of the program should be considered. I didn’t even suggest that a deeper analysis would result in retention of Frost; just that we should be rash. If Trev had looked under to tent and saw a completely incompetent coach with no hope of ever being successful here, by all means he could have, and should have pulled the cord. But if there is more under the tent than it appears just watching the screen from the couch, then perhaps another year would be a good idea.

Apparently, Trev took the more conservative approach and looked under the tent and decided there was enough hope that Scott could still turn it around that he made a deal with him. We will know in a year how the gamble worked out.

In the meantime, I will unashamedly support Trev and the football staff and hope they can pull it off. If they don’t, then so be it.
Hey feel free to support away. Is it all right for us to doubt it? You keep stating everyone is misinterpreting your statements but some are really absurd and actually imply things we aren’t saying. In many cases you are acting like we are “less” fans of lower values because we don’t believe SF can turn it around.

Good question, but it has a few underlying premises that I question. Are you confident that only people who ignore history believe SF has any likely chance of being a good coach? Is it just an unsupported opinion or do you have objective evidence to support this statement?

The second questionable premise is that I “believe” SF will become a ”good coach”, which I assume means he will turn the program around at Nebraska next year. I have no such “belief”. I think it is more likely than not that Frost does not turn it around next year. But I recognize that I don’t have the kind of access and information to conclude that Scott Frost is a lost cause. But, a guy who does have a ton of information and close access to the program saw enough in the practices, games, and his meetings with the coaches to believe Frost should get another year. Who am I to suggest that I could make a more informed decision from my couch than Trev made from the athletic office?

What do I base my hope that the program is successful next year? Don‘t you hope they are successful next year? I guess I hope they are successful next year because I want the program to be successful. Will they be? That depends on a lot of factors, one of the important being the team of offensive coaches we bring in house.
I respect your response

my promise is based on 50 years of history. For SF to be successful he would need to run the tables not a nice but three times. It’s a suckers bet

and I’m not biting as he lost me for good when he chose his friends over competence at the end of season three

Hey feel free to support away. Is it all right for us to doubt it? You keep stating everyone is misinterpreting your statements but some are really absurd and actually imply things we aren’t saying. In many cases you are acting like we are “less” fans of lower values because we don’t believe SF can turn it around.
Sure, you are free to doubt Frost can do it, just like I believe it’s more likely than not that he can’t. It’s definitely an uphill climb at this point, but not out of the question. I don’t know why you feel I have suggested you are not free to feel how you want.

I do find it interesting that you seem to suggest that doubting and supporting are opposite concepts. (See your first sentence suggesting I am free to SUPPORT Frost but should recognize your right to DOUBT him.). I believe a person can support the effort even while worrying that it isn’t going to pan out.

Frankly, I don’t understand why anyone, doubts or not, wouldn’t support Trev and Scott‘s efforts because, The decision has been made. He is going to be back here next year. if they succeed, it means we are winning games again. If they don’t, then so be it.

I respect your response

my promise is based on 50 years of history. For SF to be successful he would need to run the tables not a nice but three times. It’s a suckers bet

and I’m not biting as he lost me for good when he chose his friends over competence at the end of season three
50 years of history is not really relevant to conditions on the ground in the program. History doesn’t itself have a tangible influence on whether we have the talent and coaches to turn things around.

I don’t understand the statement that Scott Frost can only be successful here if he is undefeated the next three seasons. I suppose you are taking his number of wins and losses thus far and figuring how many times he would need to win to offset his losses. But is that really the metric upon which Trev is measuring Frost? I doubt it. The past is past. Frost is likely to be measured as successful or not based on what he does in the future, not what happened in the past. By your definition, he could run the table and win the NC next year and he wouldn’t be considered successful.

He lost me “for good” several times this year. But I’m hoping he gets a quality offensive staff and gets this thing rolling next year because it’s not about the coach to me. It’s about the program.

Haha it’s been happening after every losing season recently. People will grasp for any straw of hope. We don’t play OSU next year so magically people will start thinking it’s our year sometime after the spring game if not sooner.
The Spring Game.....after it is played, we will all think we will have 1-2 Heisman candidates and about 10 All-Conference players!!

But, too be honest, I am super-pumped for 2022. Think about it: A ton of FR/RFR/Sophs starters coming back and a make or break year for the staff. Either we win enough to go bowling or we start all over again.

Had to back out and make sure I was in the right forum for a second.

Everyone seems to be communicating well.

Excellent in all phases.

50 years of history is not really relevant to conditions on the ground in the program. History doesn’t itself have a tangible influence on whether we have the talent and coaches to turn things around.

I don’t understand the statement that Scott Frost can only be successful here if he is undefeated the next three seasons. I suppose you are taking his number of wins and losses thus far and figuring how many times he would need to win to offset his losses. But is that really the metric upon which Trev is measuring Frost? I doubt it. The past is past. Frost is likely to be measured as successful or not based on what he does in the future, not what happened in the past. By your definition, he could run the table and win the NC next year and he wouldn’t be considered successful.

He lost me “for good” several times this year. But I’m hoping he gets a quality offensive staff and gets this thing rolling next year because it’s not about the coach to me. It’s about the program.
First ignore 50 years of history at your peril

second where the hell can you quote me that SF needs to be undefeated over next three years. ?

Would be happy if he had 27 wins which will never happen with such a horrible coach

First ignore 50 years of history at your peril

second where the hell can you quote me that SF needs to be undefeated over next three years. ?

Would be happy if he had 27 wins which will never happen with such a horrible coach

Here is your direct quote:

“For SF to be successful he would need to run the tables not a nice but three times. It’s a suckers bet”

The term, run the table, in my world, is usually meant to mean “win out”, which means win all your scheduled games. Perhaps it means something different to you.

I‘m going to ignore 50 years of history and go ahead and support Trev and Scott and the players trying to beat the odds. I hope that doesn’t result in my peril, whatever that would mean.

Apologies, but i consider Jurgens, whom arrived as a TE and become a dandy center, as a fine example of development. And there has been some. Maybe not as much as one wishes, maybe not in certain cases, but not none.
But i get it, your assessment is rife with hyperbole, and that lends well to the emotionalism accompanying the frustration we all feel. The problem with emotional assessment is it overlooks those aspects which are sound.
It has been observed that NE won 3 games this year, and that such numbers historically spell doom for a program. However it is also the case that, historically, 3 win teams fold up and mail the last games in. Given everything that has transpired this year to these kids, no one would have been surprised had they done just that. And likely that would have been the back-break straw for Frost.
It is my belief that any leader whom can hold up under this year's circumstances, and still hold sway over his troops is a person worth following. The kids told me so this year.
We sucked at punting this season, Im thinking we can wait another before attempting to punt one more
Offensive post season honors
1. First team B10 - 0
2. Second team B10 - 1 AA lower rated talent but with only decent offensive coach
3. Third team B10 - 1 Cam highly rated recruit with pathetic coach
4. Honorable mention - Adrian highly rated recruit with pathetic coach

In SF fourth season this is what he accomplished. Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota had better showing with first and second team players with less talent across four years.

So player development with SF on offense is pathetic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back