• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 DT Hunter Deyo

manawahusker

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Here’s another 4 star Defensive Lineman from Lewis Central in Council Bluffs, just a short 60 miles from campus, who has yet to get an offer from DONU. This kid is a bruiser and plays on both sides of the line. Hopefully, if there is high school football this fall, when Nebraska has someone following Thomas Fidone around they pay attention to this kid

Here’s another 4 star Defensive Lineman from Lewis Central in Council Bluffs, just a short 60 miles from campus, who has yet to get an offer from DONU. This kid is a bruiser and plays on both sides of the line. Hopefully, if there is high school football this fall, when Nebraska has someone following Thomas Fidone around they pay attention to this kid

He has 3 offers; Iowa, Iowa St and K state and is a 79% lean to Iowa, with no visits to Iowa City. He also has no stars.

Last edited:
He has 3 offers; Iowa, Iowa St and K state and is a 79% lean to Iowa, with no visits to Iowa City. He also has no stars.
keep reading his profile,
247 has given him 4 stars and has him as a top 200 recruit in the class of 2022.
Pretty similar to Logan Jones and DONU didn’t bother to offer him until a month after he committed to Iowa. DONU continued to do everything they could to recruit Logan and get him to visit but the door was shut so why wait until Deyo commits elsewhere to recruit him?

Last edited:
I went to 247, a site I don't often check. I was referring to Rivals and they don't give him any stars. At 235, pretty small for a DL guy. Makes you wonder about 247's rating if only 3 schools have offered. If he truly is a 4*, don't you think a lot of schools would be in on him?.

Last edited:

I went to 247, a site I don't often check. I was referring to Rivals and they don't give him any stars. At 235, pretty small for a DL guy. Makes you wonder about 247's rating if only 3 schools have offered. If he truly is a 4*, don't you think a lot of schools would be in on him?.
kid just finished his Sophmore year so he’ll most likely only get bigger. Lewis Central has a top notch S&C program. Pretty sure he went to a camp and that’s where 247 evaluated him.

His freshman tape is sleepy. His sophomore tape is outstanding. He’s quick, has great hands, and uses leverage really well. His wrestling experience shows well. And he’s wrestling heavyweights (285lbs). He’s got some wrestler nasty to him on the field too. He improved a hundred fold from freshman to sophomore year. He is probably around 250lbs, not 235. Ideally, He needs to grow an inch or 2. I’d like to see what his adult relatives look like. Would be an indication of his size potential. He wants to study sports medicine. NU would be a great fit for his undergrad study. Great looking prospect an hour away who doesn’t appear to be set on Iowa. Rated the #10 DT prospect by 247. As he stands today I’d offer in a heartbeat. Good DTs are hard to find. Why not offer a high ceiling kid an hour from campus? I’m N.

keep reading his profile,
247 has given him 4 stars and has him as a top 200 recruit in the class of 2022.
Pretty similar to Logan Jones and DONU didn’t bother to offer him until a month after he committed to Iowa. DONU continued to do everything they could to recruit Logan and get him to visit but the door was shut so why wait until Deyo commits elsewhere to recruit him?
His freshman tape is sleepy. His sophomore tape is outstanding. He’s quick, has great hands, and uses leverage really well. His wrestling experience shows well. And he’s wrestling heavyweights (285lbs). He’s got some wrestler nasty to him on the field too. He improved a hundred fold from freshman to sophomore year. He is probably around 250lbs, not 235. Ideally, He needs to grow an inch or 2. I’d like to see what his adult relatives look like. Would be an indication of his size potential. He wants to study sports medicine. NU would be a great fit for his undergrad study. Great looking prospect an hour away who doesn’t appear to be set on Iowa. Rated the #10 DT prospect by 247. As he stands today I’d offer in a heartbeat. Good DTs are hard to find. Why not offer a high ceiling kid an hour from campus? I’m N.
I'm convinced. Let's see how the coaches play this one. I'd hate to see a local kid of this caliber slip away, especially to the Hawkeyes.

Why not offer a high ceiling kid an hour from campus?
Exactly, especially when our staff is running around the coasts passing out offers like Halloween candy. It’s not a stretch to think that other schools are telling kids “ do you think Nebraska really wants you? They’ve offered 300 other kids”. Lewis Central is going to keep producing 1 or 2 kids a year like this. Deyo makes it 4 years in a row that a top 3 recruit in Iowa is coming out of Lewis Central. Build a real relationship with the school as well as other schools in the metro.

Is he a good fit for a 3/4 DE? The other question I'd have is how legit is his height? I know we just had the Davis boys playing at about 6'2", but they were knocked for short arms and playing too upright, at least in Carlos case.

It would be beneficial to start to show some interest, even if he's not option #1 as a DE.

Last edited:
Is he a good fit for a 3/4 DE? The other question I'd have is how legit is his height? I know we just had the Davis boys playing at about 6'2", but they were knocked for short arms and playing too upright, at least in Carlos case.

It would be beneficial to start to show some interest, even if he's not option #1 as a DE.
he appears to be a little taller then Logan Jones and he’s listed at 6’3 as well. Wisconsin runs a 3-4 and is looking at him so there must be something there. Kids only 16 so he’s got time to grow some more

This may be one of those metric issues with our staff. They seem to like their lineman taller than this guy. The fact that he can play the game may not influence them.

This may be one of those metric issues with our staff. They seem to like their lineman taller than this guy. The fact that he can play the game may not influence them.
That’s assuming quite a bit. Maybe they have a specific number of spots for the position and we are in on some we have rated higher? Maybe they want to see if he’s closing in on his ceiling, or if they see some greater upside?

Getting interest from Wisconsin and Missouri now. No mention of Nebraska in the article

This is the type of player we need to offer IMO for all the reasons you've already stated clearer than I probably could. He's essentially an in-state recruit being in the Omaha metro area. If NU doesn't pursue him I'll be confused, though this staff obviously knows more than I'd ever hope to.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back