• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 DT Hunter Deyo

Is he a good fit for a 3/4 DE? The other question I'd have is how legit is his height? I know we just had the Davis boys playing at about 6'2", but they were knocked for short arms and playing too upright, at least in Carlos case.

It would be beneficial to start to show some interest, even if he's not option #1 as a DE.

He’s a large strong athletic kid who plays the game at a hundred miles an hour and he’s in our backyard. We don’t know what his body is going to end up like in two or three years from now. Recruiting is a really inexact science. I’d take him because he’s a football player, if ya know what I mean. He’s got it. There’s probably a good reason he’s rated so high even though he’s from BF Iowa. Coaches ought to pull the trigger before he ends up at Iowa or Wisconsin.

Bringing this one back to the top since he’s being discussed in the Fidone thread.

I’m hoping we offer this kid. Even if he favors Iowa there’s always a chance to swing a kid so close to Lincoln.

@ShortSideOption
You have any insight on this prospect? Any talk of getting an offer?

Bringing this one back to the top since he’s being discussed in the Fidone thread.

I’m hoping we offer this kid. Even if he favors Iowa there’s always a chance to swing a kid so close to Lincoln.

@ShortSideOption
You have any insight on this prospect? Any talk of getting an offer?
Shaping up a little like Logan Jones from there in the 2019 class IMO. While our staff tries to figure out if he can grow into a NG or if he has the length to play DE, Iowa and Iowa state offer and figure it out on the fly. Sometimes I feel like we overthink the “what can they project to.” Especially when we are struggling so mightily with DL recruiting. You have a four star where you are the closest FBS school to him, offer and figure it out after.

That said, if they know he is going to Iowa no matter what and arent wasting resources then I’m the idiot.

Shaping up a little like Logan Jones from there in the 2019 class IMO. While our staff tries to figure out if he can grow into a NG or if he has the length to play DE, Iowa and Iowa state offer and figure it out on the fly. Sometimes I feel like we overthink the “what can they project to.” Especially when we are struggling so mightily with DL recruiting. You have a four star where you are the closest FBS school to him, offer and figure it out after.

That said, if they know he is going to Iowa no matter what and arent wasting resources then I’m the idiot.

I’m with you. I’m okay with losing an Iowa kid to Iowa. I just hope we go after a kid like that. Of course there is much we don’t know unless we’re in those meeting rooms.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I’m with you. I’m okay with losing an Iowa kid to Iowa. I just hope we go after a kid like that. Of course there is much we don’t know unless we’re in those meeting rooms.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Yep, i'm sure they know way more about him than I do. My concern is with a guy like Logan Jones, he was a Husker fan until we didn't show much interest and he committed to Iowa. We offered after he committed and it was too little too late. Now I don't believe this kid is a Husker fan and may lean to Iowa, but i've never liked the way Iowa does some things recruiting where they don't offer if they don't think they are going to get him. I hope that's not what we did (i'm speculating). A four star in your radius (especially hour radius) should be offered every day of the week.

Yep, i'm sure they know way more about him than I do. My concern is with a guy like Logan Jones, he was a Husker fan until we didn't show much interest and he committed to Iowa. We offered after he committed and it was too little too late. Now I don't believe this kid is a Husker fan and may lean to Iowa, but i've never liked the way Iowa does some things recruiting where they don't offer if they don't think they are going to get him. I hope that's not what we did (i'm speculating). A four star in your radius (especially hour radius) should be offered every day of the week.
It’s mind boggling to me why he hasn’t been offered. I suspect he’ll get one after he commits to Iowa just like Jones. This kid is big, strong and athletic. Lewis Central is going to continue to pump out 1-2 D-1 scholarship kids a year plus 1-2 walk on potentials. Jim Duggan organized an entire program theat begins in 3rd-4th grade. Kammrad will continue this and he has developed an excellent strength program. Former IWCC line coach Donnie Woods has joined the LC staff as O-line and Co-OC, I would think Ryan Held would have a decent relationship with Woods. It’s time DONU develop a strong relationship with the coaching staff at LC.

It’s mind boggling to me why he hasn’t been offered. I suspect he’ll get one after he commits to Iowa just like Jones. This kid is big, strong and athletic. Lewis Central is going to continue to pump out 1-2 D-1 scholarship kids a year plus 1-2 walk on potentials. Jim Duggan organized an entire program theat begins in 3rd-4th grade. Kammrad will continue this and he has developed an excellent strength program. Former IWCC line coach Donnie Woods has joined the LC staff as O-line and Co-OC, I would think Ryan Held would have a decent relationship with Woods. It’s time DONU develop a strong relationship with the coaching staff at LC.
I should have tagged you as I know you are more familiar than I am with what's happening there. I really don't understand not offering. Again, it's not like we are knocking DL recruiting out of the park.

I truly think it's a "can we get him to 310" or whatever it is they want him at. For me, if he can't get there, oh well, you have a pretty solid DE too who is basically in your state.

The only explanation I can think of for not offering is that he has no interest in Nebraska so they are not offering. If it really is that they questions about gaining wt. they need to rethink the way the evaluate talent. I think they are overthinking this also.

The only explanation I can think of for not offering is that he has no interest in Nebraska so they are not offering. If it really is that they questions about gaining wt. they need to rethink the way the evaluate talent. I think they are overthinking this also.
I do know they were trying to project him where he would be for weight. I get a little frustrated when offering a kid before his junior year isn't early enough, but it's the times we are in I suppose.

I do know they were trying to project him where he would be for weight. I get a little frustrated when offering a kid before his junior year isn't early enough, but it's the times we are in I suppose.
I just hate to see yet another D-lineman within an hour of Memorial Stadium head to Iowa because they either weren’t recruited or recruited too late

Call me crazy but i think Deyo’s best chance to get to the next level would be at center. No doubt he deserves an offer either way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back