• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 DT Hunter Deyo

I really dislike this recruiting to a metric. Given our location, should we really be turning down a 500-mile radius kid because he is 6’2” and not 6’6”? If he has the quickness, just offer and find a spot later.
We can be selective when we are 12-2 and playing in the CFB.

Our coaches definitely know this kid as Fidone is his teammate!! Call me crazy but with all the Success Iowa and Whisky have had with lineman and seeing they have offered him I don't give a damm about his size Offer him and get him here. He plays in a 3-4 set already and won't get homesick and leave before ever having a practice or game!!

Our coaches definitely know this kid as Fidone is his teammate!! Call me crazy but with all the Success Iowa and Whisky have had with lineman and seeing they have offered him I don't give a damm about his size Offer him and get him here. He plays in a 3-4 set already and won't get homesick and leave before ever having a practice or game!!
Does this!! Help!!?

Totally JMO but I have to wonder if the coaches know he is a very, very, very strong Iowa lean and don't want to waste the resources (though those resources wouldn't be much) and time on him? As another poster said, we probably know him well since Fidone came out of that school. Have to wonder if he straight up told the coaches he wasn't interested.

Totally JMO but I have to wonder if the coaches know he is a very, very, very strong Iowa lean and don't want to waste the resources (though those resources wouldn't be much) and time on him? As another poster said, we probably know him well since Fidone came out of that school. Have to wonder if he straight up told the coaches he wasn't interested.
That’s my guess as well. Or maybe they wanted to see some junior film before offering. It’s tough in today’s world where you’re expected to offer kids as Sophomores.

We offerred Rollins early to get ahead of other programs and now i would venture to say we have a better prospect 10 miles down the road, who we no longer have room for an offer for.

In today’s world of recruiting you have to offer as Sophomores and pray to God they develop well over the next 2 1/2 years of high school.

Wisconsin didn't get that memo apparently

Wisconsin didn't get that memo apparently
Not to insult your intelligence but Wisconsin isn’t 51 miles down the road. Nebraska’s staff has been to that school A LOT and I’m sure they have talked to Hunter many times. And with any intelligent person, you can feel someone out with just a conversation or two. I’ll go out on a limb and say he doesn’t go to Wisconsin.

I really dislike this recruiting to a metric. Given our location, should we really be turning down a 500-mile radius kid because he is 6’2” and not 6’6”? If he has the quickness, just offer and find a spot later.
We can be selective when we are 12-2 and playing in the CFB.
This recruiting to a metric is absurd. First, you knock out half or more of your recruiting pool, secondly, and the worst is that it implies that your coaches really don't want to coach. Just plug in their idea of beasts and let them roam.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back