• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I could ask the same questions of you. In particular, what have you seen in Stevenson' s highlights that sets him apart from every other RB we have on campus? What have you seen that leads you to believe he's automatically better than Cross, Taylor, Newby, or Wilbon? What makes it possible for him to surpass all the above in four weeks of Fall camp?

I'm not saying he couldn't, but it's ridiculous for anyone to expect an incoming freshmen to win a starting spot in twenty practices, if he isn't head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Did anyone say they expect him to start? Ummm...no.

If everyone who has been checking this thread was holding their breath for a decision, we probably would have solved global warming by now.
:Biggrin:

I think Stevenson is good enough to start anywhere, here included. But like any freshman, theres a learning curve. How quickly he gets over that determines a lot. RB is probably the one position where that can be easily overcome, or at least fairly quickly overcome. JS has the talent without a doubt, but he lacks the experience going against an entire team of division 1 talent. Do I think he could come in and start? Yes. Do I think (if he commits of course) that we should count on that? No.

I am sure I will take a little heat, again, but IF he commits to Nebraska, and yes obviously he has talent, but let the kid get acclimated to the college game before we anoint him the next great back. It may happen right away, it could take 4 games it may never happen.

Did anyone say they expect him to start? Ummm...no.

Uhhh, yes some have. It's the nature of fans to want the next great freshman to show up and save the team. RB May be the one position that's possible, but I'll say again I've seen nothing to suggest he's obviously better than Cross, Newby, Taylor, or Wilbon, all VHR recruits in their own rights.

You really need to lighten up.

As pastor said he will make a decision tomorrow. Alabama is not part of the equation.

I still think this favors Nebraska. Because this information is coming from a paywall article on 247 that is all I can tell you.

I was actually trying to be funny, but adding Emoticons probably would make that more clear. Sorry.

Have you even watched his highlights? If you actually have I don't think you would be asking these questions.

No one said, that I am aware of, that he is going to come in and be the starter. I full expect him to compete for playing time though.

Well, I could ask the same questions of you. In particular, what have you seen in Stevenson' s highlights that sets him apart from every other RB we have on campus? What have you seen that leads you to believe he's automatically better than Cross, Taylor, Newby, or Wilbon? What makes it possible for him to surpass all the above in four weeks of Fall camp?

I'm not saying he couldn't, but it's ridiculous for anyone to expect an incoming freshmen to win a starting spot in twenty practices, if he isn't head and shoulders better than everyone else.

Last edited:

I'm not going to get into the conversation about Stevenson's talent or how Jordan compares to the gentleman currently on the roster. It's purely conjecture at this point and I'm the last person you'd want judging talent and if someone should or shouldn't start. That's why we have a professional coaching staff. The thing that's exciting for me is that this raises the level of intensity in the competition in the running back room. We don't have a clear cut starter and everyone is going to be giving maximum effort in fall camp.

If you look at all of the great running backs in the history of Nebraska, one defining characteristic was the level of competition on the depth chart. The running back room was stacked with any number of backs that could start on any other team.

Last edited:
Agree....very good post....:)

I'm not going to get into the conversation about Stevenson's talent or how Jordan compares to the gentleman currently on the roster. It's purely conjecture at this point and I'm the last person you'd want judging talent and if someone should or shouldn't start. That's why we have a professional coaching staff. The thing that's exciting for me is that this raises the level of intensity in the competition in the running back room. We don't have a clear cut starter and every is going to be giving maximum effort in fall camp.

If you look at all of the great running backs in the history of Nebraska, one defining characteristic was the level of competition on the depth chart. The running back room was stacked with any number of backs that could start on any other team.

That was usually the case, but I wouldn't say it was true with Ameer's situation.

I'm not going to get into the conversation about Stevenson's talent or how Jordan compares to the gentleman currently on the roster. It's purely conjecture at this point and I'm the last person you'd want judging talent and if someone should or shouldn't start. That's why we have a professional coaching staff. The thing that's exciting for me is that this raises the level of intensity in the competition in the running back room. We don't have a clear cut starter and every is going to be giving maximum effort in fall camp.

I think the best example of this was Rozier/ Craig and Phillips/Green. One of my proudest moments to be a Husker was when ROger Craig was named probowl starter for the NFC and Rozier was named the starter for the AFC. I also loved shooting down the theory that TO let LP come back just so he could win a National Championship. I usually retort, "You do realize that while he was out that Ahman Green filled in for him correct?" Their response was usually "Oh I did not know that." Argument over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back