• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is N,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:) :)

Jordanstevenson‏<s>@</s>Jordanstevie2

I'm officially a Nebraksa corn Husker Go <s>#</s>GBR
1f534.png
26aa.png
I will touchdown tomorrow <s>#</s>HuskerNation stay tune lets ride BIG RED truly blessed
1f3c8.png
1f534.png
26aa.png

Excellent news!

I'm not going to get into the conversation about Stevenson's talent or how Jordan compares to the gentleman currently on the roster. It's purely conjecture at this point and I'm the last person you'd want judging talent and if someone should or shouldn't start. That's why we have a professional coaching staff. The thing that's exciting for me is that this raises the level of intensity in the competition in the running back room. We don't have a clear cut starter and everyone is going to be giving maximum effort in fall camp.

If you look at all of the great running backs in the history of Nebraska, one defining characteristic was the level of competition on the depth chart. The running back room was stacked with any number of backs that could start on any other team.

This lil thread drama theatre here is as much or more about the recruiting acumen and capability of this new staff as it is about the talent and character of the recruit. In case you didn't have that figure out

GREAT NEWS!! Great news for the coaching staff and great news for Husker nation!

Welcome Jordan! You will look great playing against Wisconsin each year!!

Nice. Welcome, Jordan.

And a shout out to your Mom. Looks like she helped you find options and then helped you pick the right one. Good parenting.

I want this guy as much as anyone. But it seems like Riley and staff are really struggling with recruiting the Nebraska brand. This one was a layup and they might very well miss it.

According to Rivals, last year we had 5 four star recruits, with all but one recruited by Bo. That matches our lowest since Bo's first class. This year we seem to landing a lot of recruits, but at this point we have one four star that Riley recruited, and only 3 other 5.7 guys (high three stars). We seem to be filling this class with mid to low three star and even two star talent. People can whine and cry over stars and recruiting services all they want, but if you take it based on the numbers, this class and what made up Riley's bit of the new class is closer to Oregon State talent than Nebraska talent.

Yes this is going to be a big class and yes he is getting the name out there among the blue chip recruits. But so far "getting our name out there" is not landing the results that Riley needs to win.

I am more than pleased by what he has done in the 500 mile radius. I think he has done a fantastic job in our market. But he does need to do better overall. Missing this layup would say a lot.

What gets me is I cannot see why a kid would not commit to a guy like MR. He seems like a genuinely nice person who is worth playing for.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. What say ye now?

Puts some of our issues in perspective.

You do realize Pops was talking about a hockey player right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back