• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that the kid already has made an impact on the team....look at how big this thread is, plus the current RB corp has got to be put on notice that MR hasn't seen anybody step up enough yet that shows we can't use some improvement at that position. While this could make some tuck tail and hide, I hope this incentivises some to step up and compete as apparently the depth chart may be quite fluid

Do they call it the U because they don't know there are other ones? Or do they find it hard to spell Miami? ;)

Come to Nebraska JS! Football players education is valued here.

Being from just up the highway from Miami, the joke I always heard about Nebraska was..... The "N" on the side of the Nebraska helmet stands for Nowledge. Don't be so quick to jank on anothers school....Nah, Jank on Miami all you want.... I'm from the area, and I do..... LOL......:lol:

Being from just up the highway from Miami, the joke I always heard about Nebraska was..... The "N" on the side of the Nebraska helmet stands for Nowledge. Don't be so quick to jank on anothers school....Nah, Jank on Miami all you want.... I'm from the area, and I do..... LOL......:lol:

The N joke is from all over. And every Nebraska fan has not just a right but a duty to make fun of Miami. :Biggrin:

That's why I said that if Riley disagrees with what this kid said, he needs to straighten it out, before the kid is onboard with us.

I know. And I expect he has if he needs to. We just aren't going to know about it. For a head coach recruiting a stand out player, having "the talk" about expectations is something they are very tuned in on. And Riley is no dummy for sure.

But I agree with you to some degree Riley told the kid there is a chance of early play, and I agree with you that's significant. I just think the way the kid phrased it was probably stronger than Riley would have put it, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Earlier someone made a prediction that he'd commit by the time we got to 48 pages, so no pressure Jordan! :Biggrin:

I know. And I expect he has if he needs to. We just aren't going to know about it. For a head coach recruiting a stand out player, having "the talk" about expectations is something they are very tuned in on. And Riley is no dummy for sure.

My point really is how a kid in that situation paraphrases what he is told is not very reliable.
Agreed on all counts.

It's part of their inferiority complex, much like Ohio State's use of tOSU. They feel so inferior that they are trying to make others think there is something special about them by using these tactics. Only a fool, would buy into that crap...but that's why they do it.

Completely agree. Which is why I also hate to see Nebraska fans on this board use tOSU.

Quit playing semantics. If MR told the kid that he can make a big impact as a true freshman, THAT is telling the kid that he is in the mix to play right away--no redshirting. Obviously, he is not promised the starting job or even real field time, but he will be on the team, not working with the scout team. Moreover, generally, coaches do not bypass a redshirt for RB's without good reason, which normally means some PT. None of our guys have impressed yet, this kid might be better than any of them.

Honestly, I could see a really good scout team running back making a big impact for our defense this year. I think this might be the kind of guy you have to go for regardless of how good or bad the position group is. If the defense was seeing reps against a talented young player.

That said, I don't think that's how he meant it either, I think if we get this kid he'll get game reps this year.

Al Golden's prospects as previously discussed somewhere in this massive thread. Hopefully Jordan is doing his research and has seen this and other media reports.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...nes-al-golden-hot-seat-audible-podcast-072415

I hope we get him, but to some extent it stinging if we don't get him is because we were in the thick of it and final cut with a good prospect. If you're in the thick of it with top prospects you're going to have your share of dissapointments. Its a heck of a lot better than not being in the final cut for these kids at all.
Totally agree, though I'm still mourning Andrus Peat.

But based on Riley's comment, if we get him, he will be playing and since no RB has won the job, he could be in the mix.

I'm sure he'll be in the mix, but from his reel, I don't see a kid who is obviously better than Newby, Taylor, or Wilbon. I would certainly hope the coach isn't making promises on potential alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back