• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but yikes, why are those shoulder stripes so small this year?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2015 Game jerseys arrived today! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Huskers?src=hash">#Huskers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GBR?src=hash">#GBR</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/adidasFballUS">@adidasFballUS</a> <a href="http://t.co/Wl4tHhbFfy">pic.twitter.com/Wl4tHhbFfy</a></p>&mdash; Nebraska Equipment (@NUequipment) <a href="https://twitter.com/NUequipment/status/626512320500379648">July 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

It's different material blend from Adidas. I think its sort of form fitting. They will look different when worn.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="display: none;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
I would agree with you, if that was all he said. But he said much more...see the bolded below. You don't tell a kid that and then think he's expecting to sit around.

see post #394
I guess it's possible the kid heard it wrong, but if he did and MR doesn't agree...he'd better tell the kid.

Key word: "can", not "will". I don't want MR telling kids lies to make a sale by promising playing time - and I am sure he hasn't as MR has too much integrity to do such a thing. For any coach to promise playing time to a true freshman in this day and age is pretty low. I can only assume that Jordan was paraphrasing because any coach in their right mind would make it clear that playing time is not promised, it is earned. Now that being said, MR may have said that he thinks JS has the ability to do so, but that still isn't a promise - just an opinion. Remember that Newby was actually ranked just slightly higher and he has a 2 year head start. Sure, I hope that Jordan beats him out because it would mean he is better than advertised... but I wouldn't count on it.

Key word: "can", not "will". I don't want MR telling kids lies to make a sale by promising playing time - and I am sure he hasn't as MR has too much integrity to do such a thing. For any coach to promise playing time to a true freshman in this day and age is pretty low. I can only assume that Jordan was paraphrasing because any coach in their right mind would make it clear that playing time is not promised, it is earned. Now that being said, MR may have said that he thinks JS has the ability to do so, but that still isn't a promise - just an opinion. Remember that Newby was actually ranked just slightly higher and he has a 2 year head start. Sure, I hope that Jordan beats him out because it would mean he is better than advertised... but I wouldn't count on it.
Quit playing semantics. If MR told the kid that he can make a big impact as a true freshman, THAT is telling the kid that he is in the mix to play right away--no redshirting. Obviously, he is not promised the starting job or even real field time, but he will be on the team, not working with the scout team. Moreover, generally, coaches do not bypass a redshirt for RB's without good reason, which normally means some PT. None of our guys have impressed yet, this kid might be better than any of them.

Last edited:

I agree but also disagree at the same time. I agree you don't promise, but why not with JS. We had no plan for him 96 hours ago. We had no 4-5 plan or anything for the guy like we did Devine. Now, he may drop in our lap. Why not bring him in for kick or punt return and possibly a package and see what he turns into. Better than not having him at all in my opinion.

Do they call it the U because they don't know there are other ones? Or do they find it hard to spell Miami? ;)

Come to Nebraska JS! Football players education is valued here.
It's part of their inferiority complex, much like Ohio State's use of tOSU. They feel so inferior that they are trying to make others think there is something special about them by using these tactics. Only a fool, would buy into that crap...but that's why they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back