• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ALL about getting his mom on board, 100%. If he chooses Miami or Alabama you can "blame" the mom. But I hope people are classier than that and don't...

That's the way it's shaping up. This appears a very fluid situation with ongoing conversations.

Yup sure does. And a little nugget Jordan is now following Coach Davis on twitter. He and his mom are talking it over this evening about Nebraska and Miami. He is still a heavy lean for the Huskers.

Going to be interesting over the next 24-48 hours where this ends up. Does he visit Alabama? Or does he just make a decision between Nebraska and Miami? I like our chances if he does just based on what is leaking out the past hour or so.
Yep, I'm a little more optimistic than earlier.

I agree. No blame what so ever which ever way he goes. Its is their decision and that is they way ot should be. I just hope and pray folks do not twitter bomb him if he does not choose NU. Leave the kid alone. Its his life and decision.

We have gained a lot of recruits (i.e Snyder and O'Brien) because mom loved Coach Riley and Lincoln. Fortunately the players both did in this case too...:)

It's ALL about getting his mom on board, 100%. If he chooses Miami or Alabama you can "blame" the mom. But I hope people are classier than that and don't...

Last edited:

I don't think HCMR intended his words to be understood as such. Telling someone they "need them" is just that. We need RB's just as we need players at any other position on the team. Should he have said "we might be able to use you and your skill set at Nebraska"? I'm sure part of the recruiting process is selling a prospect as much as anything else.

I would agree with you, if that was all he said. But he said much more...see the bolded below. You don't tell a kid that and then think he's expecting to sit around.

see post #394
Riley also had strong words of praise about how bad he would like to have Stevenson at Nebraska.

"When I talked to (Riley) he just said 'look man, we need you, you are good kid and we have your best interest at heart,'" Stevenson said. "He said you can come in here as a true freshman and be a big impact to this team."
I guess it's possible the kid heard it wrong, but if he did and MR doesn't agree...he'd better tell the kid.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back