• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2013 NCAA Tournament Discussion

Gotta say. I like WSU's draw from the beginning...but never would have thought they'd make the final 4. Figured eventually their poor shooting would bite them but they hit enough to get the job done. Pretty cool

Last edited:

So...they play the winner of Duke and Louisville. Duke is obviously no picnic but if I'm WSU I'd rather play them than Louiville. And they way this tourney has gone for the shox...Duke will probably win tomorrow!

first team named after a sex act to make the final four...good job wsu...i guess

Get a clue...
Fact Check: Didn't realize that slang term went back to the 1940's (or more appropriately 1904)...

The name for WSU's athletic teams is the Shockers and, collectively, students are also referred to as being "Shockers". The name reflects the University's heritage: Early students earned money by shocking, or harvesting, wheat in nearby fields. Early football games were played on a stubbled wheat field. Pep club members were known as Wheaties. Tradition has it that in 1904, football manager and student R.J. Kirk came up with the nickname Wheatshockers. [1] Although the Wheatshockers name was never officially adopted by the university, it caught on and survived until it was later shortened to Shockers. Until 1948, the university used a nameless shock of wheat as its symbol.

goooo shockers !!!!

BGfdZxsCcAE8HMU.jpg

So are you proud that your entire student section flashes the "shocker" on national tv every chance they get?

No...they are college kids. I know all of Husker students are cordial and professional :)
I never said that I was proud of that, just setting the record straight on what came first...the chicken (Shockers), not the egg (the shocker)

I know that college kids never do dumb stuff :)

yeah...I don't have much of a problem with it really. I suppose it's a burr under the saddle for the higher ups at WSU when people flash the shocker on TV...but not much you can do about it.

So far, a #9 seed and a #4 seed to the Final Four. Today's games are between a #1 and a #2 and a #3 and a #4.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back