• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 year extension for Frost

I think frost is the man to get this done. I just think the 7 year original contract was supposed to be what gave him the runway. In 2017 after Frost signed a 7 year contract to coach us, if I told you at that time that towards the end of 2019 he would be signing an extension, what would you think his record would have been? Certainly not sub .500 after following a sub .500 season.

Very true.
But as has been said by many throughout this thread, for the team, fanbase, recruits etc..
this shows a message of solidarity and belief that Frost is indeed the person to lead us back.
GBR

If that’s the case, that’s extremely concerning we had to write a 10 million dollar check to turn around recruiting year 2.

Our recruiting has in fact stalled, you have commented on that.

Sorry but two bad years combined with the firings of Chad Morris and Willie Taggert at less than two years allows other schools to say nasty things when they recruit against you.

There have been at least three NATIONAL stories combining Frost with those two other coaches. You don't think the recruits have not been told about them?

How else can DONU counter such negative information but to give Scott an extension, its routine practice by athletic departments.

Finally this 2020 class is critical to Scott if indeed we follow our current trend and go sub .500 and no bowl. An infusion of further great athletes to help with next years even more rugged shecdule will be important to avoid another debacle season.
GBR

Last edited:

Can’t hurt. Winning would help more and that’s not happening any time soon. But at least it shows recruits that we are committed to the Frost experiment.
Yessir. At this point, that's all it is. Why do this when he already had 7? I don't like it at all.

The reality is... We really don't know what we have with Frost. You have two great years at UCF and abject failure at Nebraska. I'd prefer to have some more information before talks of an extension. I'm guessing the coaches had a tough time recruiting during the bye week and blamed Frosts contract since they seem incapable of admitting their own faults.

Last edited by a moderator:

If that’s the case, that’s extremely concerning we had to write a 10 million dollar check to turn around recruiting year 2.
Did we have to do this right now?
No.
But as recruits see and social media chronicles the Willie Taggarts and others of the CFB world who are getting canned -
I think it does send a message that Frost is here to stay. That’s not a bad thing to send a message about at this time. Now, from here on out, there should be no further extensions unless there’s actually something that has been produced to warrant such a decision.
GBR

Last edited:
I don't want to be a pessimist but winning would help recruiting (and a nervous fan base) a lot more than an extension.

Agree.

There are a few big time recruits visiting this weekend. Maybe in their eyes not crapping your pants versus Wisco would actually help more.

Frost is the man for the job. But I’m a little concerned that a lot of fans are ok with a 10 million dollar 2 year extension because “that’s what’s needed to help recruit” or “to send a message to the media” when we are 4-5 coming off a 4-8 season. Also concerns me that our on the field performance put us in this situation.

The recruiting thing makes no sense. He already had a five year contract and could point to that and tell recruits he'd be there the entire time they would be at Nebraska. This lacks any sort of logic

Last edited by a moderator:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back