• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 year extension for Frost

That’s where I’m at. Little concerning we needed to give Frost a 9 year contract to get things turned around.

Assuming that we finish 2019 without a bowl game, 2020 recruiting class is a fork in the road boys.

If this class is not a Top 15 class, without 4 or more JUCO immediate players then 2020 may also be in danger of being another debacle season, in with case the whole rebuild may melt down in Scott's face.

That's why in AD Moos's eye it's worth the $10 Million dollar extension RIGHT NOW to salvage this thing.

GBR

The reality is... We really don't know what we have with Frost. You have two great years at UCF and abject failure at Nebraska. I'd prefer to have some more information before talks of an extension. I'm guessing the coaches had a tough time recruiting during the bye week and blamed Frosts contract since they seem incapable of admitting their own faults.

Overly harsh in my opinion

The contract extension is like a participation trophy for another bowl less season

I would assume it's largely to send a message for recruiting . . . and I agree with *** that it's concerning that it needs to be sent in year 2.

In the end, the solution is for Frost to get this thing turned around, win games, and play a ton better (both being physical and effective). If you're negative recruiting against NU the message just shifts from "Frost isn't winning and his teams are soft and he might not be there in X years" to "Frost isn't winning, his team are soft and you'll be stuck with not winning and being soft now."

Winning and looking like you are improving while doing it cures all ills. Next year needs to look a ton better from the get-go.

Reeks of desperation by the Admin...

We will never know if it is, in fact, desperation.
If it is, that’s not good - but this is the choice they made and as I am not an AD, I’m going to support it. I would not support another one in the future unless there is some significant positive movement of the needle...

With all of the JUCO offers lately I get the feeling that high school recruits were cooling on NU. Otherwise why all the JUCO offers? Maybe the extension will push some recruits our way but it kind of seems desperate. But then again these are desperate times.

Is this ideal? No. But we all can see the recruiting has stalled and what has happened to a couple other second year coaches. Likely was a necessary step given the situation we are in. Hopefully it has the intended effect and then next year can see on field improvement to carry recruiting.

Ya, 7 year contract wasn’t quite long enough.

If the National Coach of the Year cannot get Nebraska fixed, no one will. Scott will right the ship, it is going to take time. I don't have any issues of the extension. Scott has seemed pretty damn miserable this season I questioned that maybe he was regretting coming here because he was very happy at UCF. If anything it is showing that Scott is committed to Nebraska and getting things fixed. It's all good.

We will never know if it is, in fact, desperation.
If it is, that’s not good - but this is the choice they made and as I am not an AD, I’m going to support it. I would not support another one in the future unless there is some significant positive movement of the needle...
Why not? There's been no movement of the needle you speak of except backwards so far, so why not? He had 7 years to start with, now nine, why not 30? If results or at least progress don't matter (apparently they don't) why not 30.

Last edited:
Great news! Good move by AD. This has to be encouraging to Scott, knowing that his boss is behind him when a number impatient fans (egged on by some critics without real constructive answers themselves) are publicly wavering in their support.

The Husker fix, in my opinion is a long surgical process (requiring exploratory surgery first )and then recovery requiring follow-up therapy. It’s not simply putting a Bandaid on a superficial wound or even a quick cosmetic procedure, as the friends and and even the surgeon may have hoped.

If the National Coach of the Year cannot get Nebraska fixed, no one will. Scott will right the ship, it is going to take time. I don't have any issues of the extension. Scott has seemed pretty damn miserable this season I questioned that maybe he was regretting coming here because he was very happy at UCF. If anything it is showing that Scott is committed to Nebraska and getting things fixed. It's all good.
Scott has lots of company in the feeling miserable department

Scott has lots of company in the feeling miserable department

Many of us feel like this guy after our games most Saturdays. I am getting tired of it. :(

k976SsQ.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back