• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 year extension for Frost

Honestly think he's got a full 5 years to show progress and become competitive in the West. Not championships, not 13-0, not a string of B1G CCG's....competitive. This is our new reality. I know posters will jump on this and I do think NU can become a player again, but we are not going to become tOSU.

The extension is a message to the recruits, as extensions always are, that despite early troubles, despite what you may hear from other schools, Scott is not in trouble at DONU.

GBR

This is the message they needed to send. If he really isn't the guy, then the millions can be found to change yet again.. That, of course, is the absolute worst case scenario.

I think Frost's the right guy, and if he can't turn this ship around, we may need to get used to the experience Minnesota had from 1960 until this year.

No I understand what your saying. I will be 100% honest that I will always give Frost more time than I would any other coach. I’m biased as many are to the ex husker quarterback.
I think frost is the man to get this done. I just think the 7 year original contract was supposed to be what gave him the runway. In 2017 after Frost signed a 7 year contract to coach us, if I told you at that time that towards the end of 2019 he would be signing an extension, what would you think his record would have been? Certainly not sub .500 after following a sub .500 season.

This is good

SF is the MAN. He WILL get this done, it’s just a matter of time.

I predict we will feel MUCH better about 2019 season in 2.5 weeks. NU will play well today, but lose. We will win out vs Maryland and IU. We will get a bowl, and springboard into 2020

I hope so, and if so…… It will make the 2019 season much more palatable.
GBR

Extension announced this morning. Might help with recruits on the fence?
Can’t hurt. Winning would help more and that’s not happening any time soon. But at least it shows recruits that we are committed to the Frost experiment.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back