• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You Know It's a Sad State of Affairs When.... (NU-IU Game Thread)

Dang, I sure wish Carrollton, CBob, Merle, Husker4ever, HWJ, and other HUSKER hoops fans could have been here to enjoy this huge win.

MJ, I was too busy watching and suffering! I was downstairs, where I have my directv hookup. This game was mostly ugly, but, just had to stick with it.

IT WAS AN AWESOME FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spent the rest of the evening with Linda, watching a cpl of our favorite shows.

Just got on here to share my total euphoria!!!!

How can they play so ugly???? Then, they have spurts where they do most of it right??

We can be a good, if not great team if they just stick with fundamentals............and, be better shooters! There was so
much wrong with this game, then, oila, they look and play great!

Well, I am rambling, but I wanted to share the win with all of you. Yes, MJ, I didn't miss a second of the game. In fact,
I dvr'd it, and I'm gonna' record it for posterity!!! :banana:

Talk to you all later. Wow, what a great win. I'm looking forward to seeing the post shows on BTN!!

I AM VERY HAPPY FOR DOC!! Yes, and for all the team and fans!!! :thumbsup::nod:

GO BIG RED!!!

Goodnight to all. :)

Last edited:

Some quick thoughts from being at the game:

- It was a very nice win and the team showed a lot of heart in not folding in the second half when they were down double digits. At 60-49 and given the team's slow start in the 2nd half, I thought it was over.

- Indiana does play at a much higher level than the Huskers. They push the ball up the court so quickly and their passes have a lot of zip behind them - when IU played at their potential (in bunches) tonight, they looked like a very good Top 25 squad. IU lacked the killer instinct to put the game away. They outplayed NU for 30+ minutes, but that's the beauty of playing 40 minutes.

- NU's ability to hit the 3 is what saved them in this one or it could have been over early. It was so frustrating to see IU exhibit an offense that utilizes movement, sharp passes, etc. and the Huskers follow with their patented 'weave and heave' - hitting a contested three as the shot clock expires. That happened way too often in the first half. Great for NU, but it's not something you can count on consistently.

- For parts of the game (and most of the second half), NU stayed away from the 'milking clock' weave and had legitimate success offensively. Just let the guys play a little bit and you never know what might happen. Talley played well down the stretch and was probably the difference-maker. McCray's back-to-back threes were instrumental as well.

- In the post-game, Talley (granted, still beaming from the win) responded to a question saying that the win might/will propel the team to another level for the rest of the year. With Ohio State on the horizon, NU might come back down to earth quickly.

- Doc also had some interesting post-game comments. Via Matt Schick on Twitter:
"I know everybody in this room don't think I know anything about offense but I can steal a lot of stuff from people that do."
In the radio postgame, he also referenced/clarified that he always wants his players to take good shots, no matter how many passes/time it takes. It seemed to contradict what he said around the time of the first NU-UW game. An upset win over a struggling IU team (3 straight L's) isn't enough to validate what has typically been a weak offensive attack by NU under Sadler.

I just need to go to more games. After all, it was because I was there that we won!!!! :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :rolfl:

Husker Fans worst nightmare: Doc winning just enough that TO can't fire him.

No kidding. This win almost assures Doc of a contact extension and a raise!

It's almost comical. We all knew that, given enough chances, Doc would pull off and "upset" win and give TO a reason to "believe" in the disaster that is Doc Sadler. (edited the not so nice part out. :) )

Last edited:

I still am a big Doc Sadler fan. Remember, he DID get Roburt Sallie, but the admissions office lost him.

He can recruit, I THINK he can coach, well.

Trying to win at BBall at DONU has been a very tall order. History tells us this.

GBR!

Delusion, party of one...your table is ready.

He can recruit? That gets an LOL!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back