• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Are we Still Targeting

Yep, both have their degrees. Wouldn’t call it early but means the same.

Do you think they're going to transfer out? They are two that I assumed would not be around for 2019.

And do you think they still bring in Bland despite not being able to enroll early? Seems like they need the depth no matter what and, if he's got NFL potential, I don't see how you pass up on that.

Lee contributed last year and I think he could this upcoming year if he stayed. I still don't know what happened to Anderson all these years.

Eric Lee didn't play a ton and that was with a serious lack of depth at CB. I don't think he's a great fit to cover the slot and that's the only way I would see him getting significant playing time this year. I guess it will depend if he's content with mainly being a ST contributor as a Senior.

Don’t like that
I get what you mean. I think this offer is more in regards to the staff not feeling good about Starks or Mayo. I think they get NPG but want another corner (which I strongly agree with).

DJ James is a better player than Mayo. It's a wash between he and Starks IMPO.

I'm of the opinion that he likes Nebraska and Frost, but the distance scares him.... if he committed and then left after a year, that would certainly be worse than if we moved on right now. I don't want any more situations like Calvin a couple years ago.

I'm of the opinion that he likes Nebraska and Frost, but the distance scares him.... if he committed and then left after a year, that would certainly be worse than if we moved on right now. I don't want any more situations like Calvin a couple years ago.

Who is he - Pola-Gates, Starks, Mayo, or James?

I didn't even think of Anderson and Lee leaving, but I fully expect some attrition. You always get some attrition of course, but I expect we will see more of it when kids come in and either find they don't fit, don't want to work as hard as they are pushed to. Or just flat out get beat for a position. In a nutshell, I think the Huskers are really going to be pushing the envelope on being competitive. the last staff seemed to approach it more like Pop Warner ball and wanted everybody to have fun. I think winning is fun!

Good, you calmed me down. Also thought of the fact that a DB could have finally informed the coaches of his transfer so we had another spot to fill. It may not be directly related to Starks or Mayo. But it appears that way on the surface.

That's a good point. There are three or four guys who I could see moving on.

Nebraska is at 82 scholarships, which means they can hypothetically add 6 more to this class (85+3). I don't expect Desmond Bland to be in this class, but I do expect Dedrick Mills to. Until something changes, i'll pencil him in this class. So here's my ideal five kids to finish off this recruiting class:

1. DB Noa Pola-Gates
2. OLB Brandon Mack
3. WR Charles Njoku
4. DT Matthew Pola-Mao
5. CB DJ James

*If Mills doesn't make it, I'd put RB John Bivens in there.

Nebraska is at 82 scholarships, which means they can hypothetically add 6 more to this class (85+3). I don't expect Desmond Bland to be in this class, but I do expect Dedrick Mills to. Until something changes, i'll pencil him in this class. So here's my ideal five kids to finish off this recruiting class:

1. DB Noa Pola-Gates
2. OLB Brandon Mack
3. WR Charles Njoku
4. DT Matthew Pola-Mao
5. CB DJ James

Getting those five + Mills or Bivens would represent a strong finish.

We could have some other attrition before the Feb signing day, so maybe one or two more scholarships open up.

According to a Rivals headline, Nebraska also recently offered four-star OLB Steven Parker.

1. DB Noa Pola-Gates
2. OLB Brandon Mack
3. WR Charles Njoku
4. DT Matthew Pola-Mao
5. CB DJ James

Since NU could only count 5 new recruits back against last year's total, wouldn't they be capped at 30 regardless of attrition??

Also, i didn't think transfers counted against the limit of recruits a team could sign...is that wrong?? Or, in other words, any summer transfers would either count against next year or this years "budget"?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back