• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What are your town’s links to Husker lore?

From Minden

Football:
  • Chris Van Norman
  • Greg Jorgensen
  • John Nelson
  • Plus 4 others that played before 1960

Women's Basketball:
  • Taylor Kissinger
My former bro-in-law was a walk on the same year as John Nelson. His last name was Nelson too so I think they had lockers next to each other. Anyway, they hung out and I met him a few times. Nice guy.

Uh, I'm from Lincoln Nebraska...

We moved to Lincoln in about 1962 so I guess I could list every player and coach since then...
Some specifics:
Played for Fightin' Frankie in high school.
My brother's Am. Legion coach was Jeff Kinney.
My dad's financial adviser is Jerry Tagge.

On a completely unrelated note, Bronko Nagurski is from International Falls, MN, and the high school teams are known as the Broncos in his honor.

How cool would that be, to have your high school name their teams after you?

Last edited:

We moved to Lincoln in about 1962 so I guess I could list every player and coach since then...
Some specifics:
Played for Fightin' Frankie in high school.
My brother's Am. Legion coach was Jeff Kinney.
My dad's financial adviser is Jerry Tagge.

Man. Small post, and that's probably only the 'tip of the iceberg' of Huskers in your history. Amazing.

Grant and Tracey Winstrom grew up just down the road from my little town. Grant now lives in my town and I see him once in a while but my wife (who's a Sooner) won't even let me GOOOOOBIIIIIGREEEED him. Tracey was in my office about 6 months ago and I slobbered all over him with my pathetic Husker man crush.

Yeah I was slobering all over Solich that evening before the Rose Bowl. In 1996, I was basically acting like a drunk stalker groupie in Scottsdale - we were driving around the place trying to spy Tommie Frazier.

The difference between being 30 years old and 51 years old is amazing.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back