• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What are your town’s links to Husker lore?

Uncle Al played for the Huskers starting in 58'. Worked at UNL for 40 plus years in the AG Dept. Dad, grandpa and I went to many games in the 70's and 80's.

I know and I spelled Rodgers wrong. Edited it. :Biggrin:

My grandmother's last name was Rodgers. She told the family that we are related to anyone who spelled Rodgers with a “d.” So I’ve always liked the idea that I was related to Johnny the Jet.

Last edited:
I'm from Scottsbluff. Frosty Anderson was an All-State receiver from Scottsbluff for Coach Les Lee (my coach also). Frosty went to Lincoln and played for the Huskers in the early 70's.

Nearby, Jase Dean was from Bridgeport, 30 miles east.

Tom Osborne as a young child lived around Bridgeport. His father was a circuit preacher in Western NE back in the day.

I also grew up in Scottsbluff...

QB Travis Turner...I actually wore some of his hand-me downs that my mom got from them when his family owned Turner Motors on East Overland.

WB Jamie Worden...He graduated with my older brother...didn't play much. His little by brother and I were in the same class, but the family moved to York before we graduated.

Eric Piatkowski...His older brother, David, was a year older than me who I played high school basketball with. After David went to Hastings to play in college, the family moved to Rapid City, SD.

I actually met Frosty Anderson at a National USATF Meeting in Florida and didn't know all that much about his history in Scottsbluff since I was born the following March after that 1968 game against Fremont.

My former bro-in-law was a walk on the same year as John Nelson. His last name was Nelson too so I think they had lockers next to each other. Anyway, they hung out and I met him a few times. Nice guy.

I've been away from Minden a long time so I don't know John.

Chis Van Norman and I played on the same state championship team. We were both RB's and both played on defense. He was the star of the team and a really good guy too.

Greg Jorgensen dated my sister for a short time. I remember him pulling us behind a tractor on an old car hood in the snow. It was a lot of fun and nobody died.

He pulled your sister’s behind on a what ?

I’m not sure whether this is TMI or not enough.

:Corn2:

Her behind was pretty big. Pulling her behind a tractor on a car hood was the only way to get her from place to place. ;)
(Disclaimer: In case she ever happens to see this, her behind was really not that big. And please don't hurt me.)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back