• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Wilson @MikeWScout · The looks on the faces of Cook/Waynes/Lippett/Rush make it look more like a loss than a win for Michigan State.

Malik came into his own tonight....but VV was good too....they complement each other.....VV is a great run stuffer allowing Malik to do his thing....

Big Mac is only a Sophomore....he is going to own teams by his senior year.....

EVERYONE we threw in the front four looked good.

I would propose Collins could be player of the game for NU.......

That dude was just amazing and it'll probably go without fanfare, which is....unfair. The Irishman, McMullen,is going to be special in terms of what Pelini wants as a complete DE. I'll wager, RG is not what Pelini considers to be "complete". McMullen is and will be better.

Mike Wilson @MikeWScout · Since taking over as the starting QB, Connor Cook has had a completion percentage of less than 50 percent twice -- both against Nebraska.

Mike Wilson @MikeWScout Jordan Westerkamp has a lot of catches today. All in front of Drummond it seems.

Final Game Stats

First Downs:
NU 20; MSU 17

Passing:
NU 21-45-2 (282 yards); MSU 11-29-1 (234 yards)

Rushing:
NU 37-47; MSU 44-188

Total Offense:
NU 82-329; MSU 73-422

Time of Possession:
NU 27:51; MSU 32:09

Third Down Conversions:
NU 3-15; MSU 4-16

Fourth Down Conversions:
NU 0-2; MSU 1-1

Penalties:
NU 6-48; MSU 9-94

Fumbles-Lost
NU 2-2; MSU 2-2

Sacks:
NU 0-0; MSU 5-25

Field Goals:
NU 1-1; MSU 2-3

NU Offensive Stats

Passing:
Armstrong 20-43-2 (273 yards)
Fyfe 1-2-0 (9 yards)

Rushing:
Abdullah 24-45 (2 TDs)
Armstong 11-7

Receiving:
Westerkamp 9-158
K.Bell 3-31
Allen 3-9
Abdullah 2-22
Moore 1-43
Janovich 1-16
Hovey 1-8
Pierson-El 1-(-5)

Kickoff Returns:
Abdullah 2-48

Punt Returns:
Pierson-El 2-95 (1 TD)

NU Defensive Stats
Roach 18 tackles; 4 TFLs(9 yards)
Gregory 7 tackles; 1 TFL(1 yard); 1 INT
Gerry 7 tackles
Z.Anderson 6 tackles; 1 TFL(0 yards); 1 QBH; 1 BrUp
Valentine 5 tackles; 1 FF; 1 BrUp (NOTE: Breakup led to INT)
Cooper 5 tackles
McMullen 4 tackles; 1 TFL(6 yards)
Mitchell 4 tackles; 2 BrUps
Collins 3 tackles; 1 TFL(1 yard)
Banderas 3 tackles
Nabity 2 tackles
Cockrell 1 tackles; 1 FR(0 yards)
Kalu 1 tackle; 1 BrUp
J.Rose, Love, A.Williams, Pierson-El, C.Jones, Nelson, Felici, K.Bell, Hovey, Foltz all one tackle apiece.
Faulkenberry 0 tackles, 1 FR(0 yards)
Davie 0 tackles; 1 BrUp

Erin Sorensen @erinsorensen Every ball is catchable when Westerkamp is on the field. Even when the ball isn't being thrown to him.

Hondo Carpenter @HondoCarpenter · If you walk away from this game and aren't impressed with the toughness of NEB QB Tommy Armstrong you simply don't know football! <s>#</s>Respect

Malik came into his own tonight....but VV was good too....they complement each other.....VV is a great run stuffer allowing Malik to do his thing....

Big Mac is only a Sophomore....he is going to own teams by his senior year.....

God, he's good isn't he? Sooooo undervalued, I feel, by most fans. Do you remember him losing contain more than once this year? He has been fantastic.

He, alone, could have taken 20 points off the board against Wisconsin that fateful game. He's the beautiful opposite what Martin offered NU at DE. Obviously, I LOVE what the Irishman gives our defense, and it's why I think Pelini is still getting the guys he needs for his system.

UCLA still has life! Roughing the kicker!

Mike Welch @RealMikeWelch · If I said pregame, <s>#</s>Huskers would have 47 yds rushing, -1 in TO, and Kenny Bell goes down early, what would u expect the final score to be?

God, he's good isn't he? Sooooo undervalued, I feel, by most fans. Do you remember him losing contain more than once this year? He has been fantastic.

He, alone, could have taken 20 points off the board against Wisconsin that fateful game. He's the beautiful opposite what Martin offered NU at DE. Obviously, I LOVE what the Irishman gives our defense, and it's why I think Pelini is still getting the guys he needs for his system.

AND UTAH WINS!

Officially, the most crazy saturday I've ever experience.

And he will always be in my heart because when Meyer took over and was flipping 8 Ohio kids back to the the Bucks....he said 'no' to Urban....

The recruiting has been very good the past few classes and our O-line is going to get better.....Farmer is going to be a stud....and I could go on....

My nephew is a Bruin undergrad alum and med school alum....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back