• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Husk Guys @HuskGuys · wild and irresponsible hypothetical Q: what happens if the refs don't blow Pierson-El's first return with "fair catch" call?House.For sure.

Husk Guys@HuskGuys · wild and irresponsible hypothetical Q: what happens if the refs don't blow Pierson-El's first return with "fair catch" call?House.For sure.

the announcers said it was the correct call. they had to check, because they thought it was weird call

the announcers said it was the correct call. they had to check, because they thought it was weird call

Correct call? BS!! :mad: all he did was intimate, don't touch the ball. Where does it say, you can't change your mind, then pick up the ball? Again, BS!! :mad:

He did call for a fair catch, right? Another case of an official pulling one out of the hat! :puke:

Last edited:

Hondo Carpenter@HondoCarpenter · If you walk away from this game and aren't impressed with the toughness of NEB QB Tommy Armstrong you simply don't know football! <s>#</s>Respect

Well, firstly, I respect Tommy, but he makes too many uncatchable, short tosses. In the first half, especially, how many tosses was he errant in throwing? Man, too many, period!

Time to move on. We can't pick up the game in the last quarter, period. We need to come out, first quarter, and show we can execute against good teams!

As to the topic, Tommy is tough. Again, we lost.

Last edited:
TA throws for 273

You need more than yards to win a game; you need to be accurate. Too many errant throws, period!

Tommy still has a lot to learn, what to do with the ball when there is nothing out there. He didn't get a
lot of protection the 1st half, but you must do with the ball what you need to do...................get rid of it.

Sad night, for sure. Nice comeback............................but, short. :cry:

My 12 year old son just woke up and is watching the final 10 minutes of the game - this should be interesting...

You need more than yards to win a game; you need to be accurate. Too many errant throws, period!

Tommy still has a lot to learn, what to do with the ball when there is nothing out there. He didn't get a
lot of protection the 1st half, but you must do with the ball what you need to do...................get rid of it.

Sad night, for sure. Nice comeback............................but, short. :cry:

Tommy absolutely MUST get better at finding the open guy and not locking in on one man where he seems to want to go. On a lot of his misfires, he had wide open receivers in the middle or the same side of the field. He just doesn't see them. And Beck needs to help him out with a passing game that understands he's not great at that and utilizes some strategies to play to what TA can do well in the passing game.

Last edited:
Husk Guys @HuskGuys · wild and irresponsible hypothetical Q: what happens if the refs don't blow Pierson-El's first return with "fair catch" call?House.For sure.
I agree that the refs screwed-up there and wonder the same thing. But we were given a pretty questionable passing interference call in the end zone at the end of the game that kept us alive. Bad calls and bad missed calls several times during the game both ways. I guess I don't feel jobbed by the refs in this game like the last Texas A&M game.

My main what-if (after that "fair catch" issue) is what if we tried kicking a field goal into the wind on the short field? I wasn't at the game and didn't have a feel for the wind other than it was blowing well, so maybe it was a wise call.

Nebraska had lots of chances last night and it wasn't until the 4th quarter that we were able to capitalize on them. But man I loved how this team hung in there and almost pulled it off.

Mitch Sherman @mitchsherman · To correct last night's tweet, Pelini thought Nebraska receiver was pushed on final play, not ball to Moore in end zone. I misunderstood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back