• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feels like 1969

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
The sheer volume of young players about to hit the field and the dramatic changes that will be unveiled on both sides of the ball. Two potentially outstanding new QB's replacing a few years of dismal QB performance. A slew of RB's and receivers that will be downright dangerous with every touch they get. A defense that is moving toward greatness...maybe sooner than most think. All the pieces are coming together, it seems just like 1969 and I feel like I'm 15 all over again. One difference...this year our new Johnny Rodgers will get to play.

The sheer volume of young players about to hit the field and the dramatic changes that will be unveiled on both sides of the ball. Two potentially outstanding new QB's replacing a few years of dismal QB performance. A slew of RB's and receivers that will be downright dangerous with every touch they get. A defense that is moving toward greatness...maybe sooner than most think. All the pieces are coming together, it seems just like 1969 and I feel like I'm 15 all over again. One difference...this year our new Johnny Rodgers will get to play.

Good Post. I can see the similarities, but I am not convinced any of our (medium speed) RB's will be dangerous. Plus, who is our new Johnny Rodgers?

Tagge & Van Bronson = POB, Lee & Gebbia. That could be.

Question: Is this another thing we should get ecstatic about, like the potential of our 3-4 defense?

o-SHOCK-VINTAGE-570.jpg

Last edited:
Good Post. I can see the similarities, but I am not convinced any of our RB's will be dangerous. Plus, who is our new Johnny Rodgers?

Question: Is this another thing we should get ecstatic about, like the potential of our 3-4 defense?

:Confused:

I think it's an interesting comparison.. certainly hope it is true. My assumption is that the most dangerous running back would be Tre Bryant and the Johnny Rodgers comparison is for Tyjon Lindsey.

It's the offseason... we can get ecstatic about anything and everything until we actually see it on the field :)

Good Post. I can see the similarities, but I am not convinced any of our RB's will be dangerous. Plus, who is our new Johnny Rodgers?

:Confused:
Lindsey in this class and Grim from last years class all seem to have similar builds and escapability. As far as running backs go Kinney's only good season was his senior year. All our RBs are young and still have a shot at greatness.

It's the offseason... we can get ecstatic about anything and everything until we actually see it on the field :)

True, but around here, if one gets excited about what could happen on the field at Bright House stadium in Orlando, you are at risk of being called a troll. In this place there are strict limits on the things people can get excited about...even when they involve former Husker national champions!

:Lol:

Last edited:

Lindsey in this class and Grim from last years class all seem to have similar builds and escapability. As far as running backs go Kinney's only good season was his senior year. All our RBs are young and still have a shot at greatness.

Greatness requires the potential for greatness. I don't see an Ahmann Green on our current roster.

But certainly none of our RB's have reached their full potential. I thought Newby improved a lot from his junior to senior to year. I suspect there is some good RB coaching going that will enable our RB's to reach their potential.

Wilbon definitely has some good quickness. Bryant has an Emmitt Smith type vison and slipperiness. Ozigbo is steady (like Monte Anthony). But none of them have break away speed, and you can't teach speed. IMO, top end speed is what prevented Abdullah and Burkehead from being great and what enabled Green and Phillips to be great.

Last edited:
Greatness requires the potential for greatness. I don't see an Ahmann Green on our current roster.

But certainly none of our RB's have reached their full potential. I thought Newby improved a lot form his junior to senior to year. I suspect there is some good RB coaching going that will enable our RB's to reach their potentil.

Wilbon definitely has some good quickness. Bryant has an Emmitt Smith type vison and slipperiness. Ozigbo is steady (like Monte Anthony). But none of them have break away speed, and you can't teach speed. IMO, top end speed is what prevented Abdullah and Burkehead from being great.
Neither did Jeff kinney.

Neither did Jeff kinney.

Or Ron Dayne.

If you think this Husker squad has another Ron Dayne, Billy Simms, Joe Washington, Adrian Pederson, Monte Ball or Melvin Gordon to count on this year or next, I'd say your off-season ecstasy is fully charged.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back