• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-star (#13 Ranked JUCO Player) DE Commits To Cal

Main competition is Texas and A&M. Would assume he is academically eligible (without doing any research) based on his transfer from VMI to Independence CC.

As stated before a 3 to play 2 guy.

Rivals shows him with no stars, no offers. He looks raw on tape but could be a diamond in the rough.

247 has him as a 4-star/89'. Which makes him the #13 JUCO player in the country one above Husker commit Desmond Bland. They have only 14 four stars in the 247 Composite and no five stars.

So no not a diamond in the rough but one of the top JUCO players in the country.

Just picked up an offer from Texas A&M.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

Last edited:

I hope if he is of South Sudanese extraction (guessing from name) that someone points out that Omaha is a major settling spot. And welcome to them: may they find peace and prosperity here.

Omaha is a settling spot, but Lincoln also ranks very highly for refugee replacement. Top 10 in the U.S. Not sure how much it applies to this young man, but in light of your comment, it can't hurt.

https://journalstar.com/news/local/...cle_5ca2fb0a-e802-560d-b764-46a6a6d473f5.html

Commits to Cal.

We didn’t make his recent Top 5. We badly need JUCO help at OLB or a potential instant impact HS player.

We got the HS and transfer help last year with Tannor and Dixon

And we need more this year. Not close to deep or talented enough right now.

Dixon has had zero impact and may be far too small for OLB in the B10. Tannor has potential, but more depth is needed. Cupboard is looking a little light right now.

Last edited:
And we need more this year. Not close to deep or talented enough right now.

Dixon has had zero impact and may be far too small for OLB in the B10. Tannor has potential, but more depth is needed. Cupboard is looking a little light right now.

Have you seen how many OLBs we have on the roster?

Who do you think on the existing roster has the ability to contribute at OLB? How many do you see as being impact players?

How many non impact 3* & 4* players is a team allowed to have at one position? If we keep beating out the SEC for OLBs who ride the bench we may have an issue.

How many non impact 3* & 4* players is a team allowed to have at one position? If we keep beating out the SEC for OLBs who ride the bench we may have an issue.

Which of the current OLBs do you think can contribute, but haven’t thus far?

I can think of 4 OLBs that are likely to see the field moving forward. That counts Dixon, who needs to add size to hold up in the B10. Not sold on him.

Which of the current OLBs do you think can contribute, but haven’t thus far?

I can think of 4 OLBs that are likely to see the field moving forward. That counts Dixon, who needs to add size to hold up in the B10. Not sold on him.

I have only seen Tannor play on a limited basis, it's impossible for me to say who can or can't contribute. Did the staff not know how much Dixon weighed or how much he would need to weigh before bringing him in? We can't keep stockpiling non impact players on the bench and just chalk it up to a recruiting issue.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back