• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. DuckTownHusker

Super Conference

That's basically where the line gets drawn between B1G and SEC. Even the border states like Missouri follow along Civil War boundaries.
  2. DuckTownHusker

Is it a good sign or a bad sign if Dylan doesn’t start game one?

Does Joe Dailey have any eligibility left?
  3. DuckTownHusker

Can we please stop calling it NIL?

And hammie sammies for Crouch.
  4. DuckTownHusker

The collective "is" the business. When you donate money to United Way or the Salvation Army you don't get to stipulate which people they hire. In the same way, people can donate money to the non-profit collective, which, in turn decides how they will spend the money. This includes endorsement...
  5. DuckTownHusker

You defeated your own argument. You called it pay-for-play and then also said that players are demanding to know their earning potential before even arriving to campus. That's not pay-for-play. That's someone profiting off their potential. Pay-for-play would be a bounty system.
  6. DuckTownHusker

Warren Sapp to CU

“Where you been, Tommie? Where you been?” "It’s not where I’ve been... it’s where I’m going, fat boy!”
  7. DuckTownHusker

Walk Through New Weight Room

I fully understand there's an arms race with CFB facilities these days. I just wish they had the foresight to plan better. It would be nice if we could just buy a few dozen weight racks every couple years and give the place a face lift or fresh paint. Building whole facilities and then...
  8. DuckTownHusker

I bet whenever we fire a coach, AD, or chancellor, they get to take home 8,400 lbs in used kettle bells as part of their severance.
  9. DuckTownHusker

Honest question, didn't we get a brand new weight room maybe 7 or 8 years ago courtesy of Ndamukong Suh? Did we really need to spend umpteen-million on new weights? Have steel plates suddenly changed on an atomic level? Has inflation made a 50lb dumbbell now only 38lb? Sometimes you really...
  10. DuckTownHusker

The Uniform Thread

Yep. Technically when USC-UCLA play and they both wear Home jerseys it's an NCAA violation. The visitor is docked a timeout at the beginning of each half. Typically, the Home team has responded by immediately burning one of their timeouts right after the opening kick. That kind of chivalry is...
  11. DuckTownHusker

Scott Frost wants to get back into coaching

It's hard to say. And frankly not our business. I just found it odd he never mentioned her. Ever. Not even in passing. I think the new AD already mentioned taking his wife to a Lincoln restaurant or something? Frost and Mrs. Frost can do as they please regarding privacy, but IMO when someone...
  12. DuckTownHusker

The Uniform Thread

This isn't unique to Nebraska. Basketball and Baseball teams wear white at home, while Football and Hockey wear white on the road. Traditionally the reason I've heard is that it was easier for the home team to keep their whites sparkly clean. "Road grays" was a thing in baseball would...
  13. DuckTownHusker

Anybody ever realize that Frost NEVER spoke about his wife or family in public? I realize some people are more private, but compare that to Rhule, Riley, or Pelini. I can vividly recall each of them talking about their families and how they were looking forward to settling in Lincoln, etc. Not...
  14. DuckTownHusker

Yep. Pederson. Callahan. Perlman. Eichorst. Riley. Frost. They all contributed to Nebraska football's continued irrelevancy. It makes me sad because Pelini was a nice link to the past since he had previously served as Frank's defensive coordinator. I realize that his scheme had been figured...
  15. DuckTownHusker

Are Clemson and FSU joining the Big 10 in 2025?

The traditional line of thinking is that the SEC did not want to double down on existing states within their footprint. Over the years, there have been teams like Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Louisville, and others who were rumored to join the SEC. The speculation is that the existing SEC...
  16. DuckTownHusker

Ribeye on the Grill

I think we just set the standard of falling three points short.
  17. DuckTownHusker

Ribeye on the Grill

This will outperform almost every grill tool in the nation for the first 3/4ths of cooking, and then it will fall apart in the final minutes and your neighbor's steak will taste exactly 1-to-3 points better.
  18. DuckTownHusker

Would you be open to tearing down Memorial Stadium?

A dome could be interesting. While I generally feel like B1G-style football should be played in the snow, a dome would allow UNL to rent it out for concerts, monster truck rallies, etc. There's way more you can accomplish with a roof.
  19. DuckTownHusker

Protective Padding Outside the Helmet

I'm DuckTownHusker and I approve this message.
  20. DuckTownHusker

The Uniform Thread

No... not that thread. But we're in uniform reveal season with spring games just around the corner. Mocking this up just felt weird. But get used to it, fellas.

Back