• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Uniform Thread

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
No... not that thread. But we're in uniform reveal season with spring games just around the corner.

Mocking this up just felt weird. But get used to it, fellas.

rbwqtOJ.png

Last edited:

No... not that thread. But we're in uniform reveal season with spring games just around the corner.

Mocking this up just felt weird. But get used to it, fellas.

rbwqtOJ.png
Hopefully the alternate unis we get this season won't be too ugly. Been a while since we've had a real stinker, so we are probably overdue.

How about a Red helmet with a revised tough looking Herbie Husker on the side. It would be a great place to start.

Against Wisconsin, one game only, change from Cornhuskers nickname to Fighting Dachs.

(wiki source) German. The dachshund, also known as the wiener dog, sausage dog and badger dog was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers.

d44kys9-18f317ca-0217-403a-97f4-4fd99eac9fa4.png

main-qimg-e457dfb51b4d51be616ee216c3d9b7cc-pjlq

main-qimg-26f28c932ae9368a447a4f9defe4c761-lq

Last edited:
The only thing I ask is no all red. Those have never looked right. Would be interesting to reverse the helmet colors.
Maybe like the 57-60 helmet
1960-nu.png

But with The 67 NU in White
1967-nu.png

I think it would really stand out.

Or maybe This one but replace the black N and black bottom with white. Keep the red flat as it is here but make the white N and bottom gloss.
0d5b0606092a4f0ab643d128189836fe-e1652235077846.jpg

I’ve said for years and years, NU does NOT need alternate unis. Just reverse the color scheme to create the same thing. A road uni, with a red helmet, white stripe, white N, white or grey face masks, white shirts, red pants, black shoes. Home, all reds every so often, balanced with black shoes. You could do so much creativity with 2hat NU already has. Enough of the nonsense, get smarter.

Against Wisconsin, one game only, change from Cornhuskers nickname to Fighting Dachs.

(wiki source) German. The dachshund, also known as the wiener dog, sausage dog and badger dog was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers.

d44kys9-18f317ca-0217-403a-97f4-4fd99eac9fa4.png

main-qimg-e457dfb51b4d51be616ee216c3d9b7cc-pjlq

main-qimg-26f28c932ae9368a447a4f9defe4c761-lq
As a dachshund owner, I could get behind this, even though it is objectively an off the wall idea lol

The only thing I ask is no all red. Those have never looked right. Would be interesting to reverse the helmet colors.
Maybe like the 57-60 helmet
1960-nu.png

But with The 67 NU in White
1967-nu.png

I think it would really stand out.

Or maybe This one but replace the black N and black bottom with white. Keep the red flat as it is here but make the white N and bottom gloss.
0d5b0606092a4f0ab643d128189836fe-e1652235077846.jpg
Not a fan of the red helmets. If they do go red, they need to throw the stripe down the middle, in addition to getting rid of the black.

If we are going to go alternate helmets, I prefer the matte black ones we wore in 2015. The rest of the uniform was a trainwreck, but I liked the helmets.
55b0f810ee7a7.image.jpg

My favorite alternate uniforms were the chrome ones we wore at Northwestern. I'm not wild about our road uniforms, so I'd rather play with those than the home unis. The chrome look was different, but not off the wall.
57bcb25eb382d.image.jpg

As a dachshund owner, I could get behind this, even though it is objectively an off the wall idea lol
Me too. Mellow most of the time, Meh type, kinda lazy, mostly sleeping except another dogs (any size), human strangers and burrow-dwelling animals ..... now aggressive, powerful alligator-type jaw. And super protection for my family. Excellent watchdog.

funny ..... one time I had enter annual wiener dog race. Bummer, last place. DQ - snap fighting for another sausage dog same race !!!! (very common)

NEWS_170729801_AR_0_FCAKCQXQOEUM.jpg

images

Last edited:

Not a fan of the red helmets. If they do go red, they need to throw the stripe down the middle, in addition to getting rid of the black.

If we are going to go alternate helmets, I prefer the matte black ones we wore in 2015. The rest of the uniform was a trainwreck, but I liked the helmets.
55b0f810ee7a7.image.jpg

My favorite alternate uniforms were the chrome ones we wore at Northwestern. I'm not wild about our road uniforms, so I'd rather play with those than the home unis. The chrome look was different, but not off the wall.
57bcb25eb382d.image.jpg
I love the Huskers road unis, when they have on black shoes. IMO, the NU road uni, is one of the best out there. Classic, tough look. I like them better than the home uni.

Me too. Mellow most of the time, Meh type, kinda lazy, mostly sleeping except another dogs (any size), human strangers and burrow-dwelling animals ..... now aggressive, powerful alligator-type jaw. And super protection for my family. Excellent watchdog.

funny ..... one time I had enter annual wiener dog race. Bummer, last place. DQ - snap fighting for another sausage dog same race !!!! (very common)

NEWS_170729801_AR_0_FCAKCQXQOEUM.jpg

images
Ours spends the majority of her time buried under blankets asleep. She hasn't actually hunted anything before. My wife's old dachshund would dig up moles and such. Ours might attack a leaf. She dislikes the squirrels in our neighborhood park. I want to turn her loose on one sometime, just to see if she'd actually do anything.

I love the Huskers road unis, when they have on black shoes. IMO, the NU road uni, is one of the best out there. Classic, tough look. I like them better than the home uni.
Red uniform top is about as good as it gets for me. The whites are fine, but feel pretty basic, especially when they wear them with white pants.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back