• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. HuskerRedDread

“Worst Coaching Job Ever!”

Years ago, when the rumor first was pushed that Frost was looking to come back to Lincoln either as a coordinator or replacement HC for Pelini, I pointed out that he hadn't accomplished anything that makes me feel like he was qualified to handle a job like this one in Lincoln. As a WR coach at...
  2. HuskerRedDread

Didn’t most of you expect

At the time he was hired, I had the mindset that he was simply getting the job based on what he did when he had an N on his helmet. Over time, I'm not seeing much to make me think otherwise. Year 3/4 we shouldn't be grinding to get wins over the Illinois's of the world, let alone, still coming...
  3. HuskerRedDread

Best NU teams since 2004

I do that pretty often. I feel I continue to out do myself every attempt.
  4. HuskerRedDread

Adrian Martinez

A better opponent than you beat this weekend..... Just sayin.....
  5. HuskerRedDread

Adrian Martinez

Exactly...... It's weird, I'm not sure what the dispute is on that play......
  6. HuskerRedDread

Adrian Martinez

Huh?......this is the first I've ever heard this........ Have you tried to tackle him?
  7. HuskerRedDread

Adrian Martinez

And a large bowl of Peanut Butter
  8. HuskerRedDread

Adrian Martinez

How can you suggest that the ceiling is higher for a man who is 1 TD to 5 INTs who has yet to complete a pass beyond 15 yards. Luke is a great athlete but QB is not the position the staff should have him at full time. 5.6 yards per carry is great.....but Martinez is 5.1 ypc with 1 extra...
  9. HuskerRedDread

What is the fascination with QBs who can't throw?

We aren't running the same system that we were 30 years ago. TO's offense didn't need the QB to throw the ball as much as Billy C's/Pelini's/Riley's/Frost's offenses do. Hell, our HC was one of those QB's of TO's offense. He was no Dan Marino by far.... But he would struggle in the current...
  10. HuskerRedDread

I with you on that. All it takes is one person to say it and it's echoed repeatedly as if it's factual and/or everyone saw it..... Most of the routes were not seen on the broadcast. Yet many saw WRs were opened all day..... I know on some of the snaps I can see LM looking and scanning and simply...
  11. HuskerRedDread

This is true. I agree but for a coach to make a firm decision that THIS GUY is going to have the keys for the next 4 years which such a limitation was idiotic on his part. We as fans are going to cheer for the big plays no matter how they come but he should know better.
  12. HuskerRedDread

This here says it all. I try to hold my tongue on certain things I see as I don't want to be pegged as the Husker fan who complains about everything the Huskers do......but I don't see Luke as being the QB we need at this point. He needs to be on the field, but not under center.
  13. HuskerRedDread

How is it NU fans and coaches fall deeply for the QB who has a hard time hitting any target beyond 15 yards consistently? I remember going to the spring game to see Taylor Martinez play qb for the first time in a Husker uniform. I heard all the rave and hype about his speed and athleticism...
  14. HuskerRedDread

Maybe We're Better Than We Thought

9 or 10 wins a season looks extremely good these days. BP made his bed with his antics late in his NU coaching career...I won't argue any of that.......but we replaced him with 2 different coaching staffs that to this point have shown the same inconsistencies and struggles that his teams...
  15. HuskerRedDread

I can roll with this. Believe me.... I understand the importance of patience. I think we are closer to getting over the hump than our results on the scoreboard indicates. I fault no one for celebrating the little victories. I'm just waiting around for the big ones. I pray, hope, feel, &...
  16. HuskerRedDread

Well, I have no faith that BP or MR will get it done at this point so we agree there.....lol. But yes, I value the process and I understand it's not a finished product or even close to it..
  17. HuskerRedDread

I agree on many points. Especially that many have very little to zero optimism for MR..... I honestly was one of them, but while he was walking the sideline I still chanted GBR because his success was the programs success. after a while it was just hard to see much positive with him in the...
  18. HuskerRedDread

You sound a bit emotional. No where did I state that anyone should value my opinions, expectations, perceptions, etc...over any one else. I simply express them like every other member on this board. You claim you and your coalition of buddies don't care......that's totally fine.....I'll lose no...
  19. HuskerRedDread

How can I draw the same conclusion? Maybe because this staff has won less than both the other staffs. And the issues we are seeing on the field are the same issues we saw with the other two staffs. No I'm going to have faith that it can come to an end under this staff until its proven that it...
  20. HuskerRedDread

I totally understand this but my issue is not the fact that we won. My issue is the fact we justify the problem that this winless team literally shut us out and we made zero adjustments......... with the fact that we won....... Of course I'll take the win everyday of the week.....but I just...

Back