• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

Right now, AM has stepped up his game and is playing better, but still has bone headed plays... like sliding 5 yards to soon. Luke is not ready!

The biggest knock on AM is he is sooo easy to tackle, and is a bit slow (compared to Luke). Now we have to worry about his shoulder again.

Huh?......this is the first I've ever heard this........

Have you tried to tackle him?

I don't want to bag on AM, but we overswing on the good and bad so much. If we weren't bailed out by a personal foul on a severely overthrown ball to a wide open receiver, then we are punting from our own end zone up only 7 and that great performance wouldn't be so good.

Of course, we were only in that spot because of inexplicable line penalties including a holding on second and 1.
Lets put this on AM. But the game I watched we were back there because of penalties and initial OL lack of consistent blocking. AND there was 7 penalties on that drive. But yes AM and the office just kept playing the game and came out on top.

Last edited:

Lets put this on AM. But the game I watched we were back there because of penalties and initial OL lack of consistent blocking. AND there was 7 penalties on that drive. But yes AM and the office just kept playing the game and came out on top.
AM played well the past 2 games in an offense that was run as a shell of what it is suppose to be. The coaches have taken plays off the table unless there is obvious coverages in place as they don't trust our QB's. Even on 3rd down, we go to the check down and not even try and throw to the sticks.

The problem starts because we have been reduced to a high school passing offense. And then the line mistakes are compounded because a penalty or negative play is very difficult to overcome without a downfield passing game. Likewise, the lack of a consistent running game without the QB run hurts us that much more without a passing threat.

The amazing thing to me is this is the ONLY TD pass this season that was thrown beyond the line of scrimmage. That's why we stall in the redzone as all we have is a run or screen. It also raises the possibility that are QB's aren't missing seeing open receivers, but directed not to look for them.

On the plus side, last week, I did see us quit running into the teeth of a stacked box and check into throws. Couple that with we should see worse defenses, and maybe we are opening up the playbook more.

I'm not giving up on McCaffrey as a QB -- he came in with the expectation that he would sit for a few years as he got bigger and got more experience at the position. That he's already started games says more about the other QB's than McCaffrey's future as a QB. Once he starts getting thicker like his brothers, he'll probably have more zip on the ball.
I agree he wasn’t planning on starting until possibly next year or 2022. Hopefully AM can keep it going.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back