• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best NU teams since 2004

The 2009 team was playing top 10 caliber football at the end of the season. But they did have a few weird hiccup games during that season (Iowa St and Texas Tech). The close loss at VT was unfortunate, but that team had a playoff caliber defense. We were relatively weak at QB which probably held them back overall
The 2009 team would have stood toe to toe with Alabama in the NC game had they had a chance. They’d have shut them down. Not sure NU could have scored much though. There isn’t a better defense in college football this century.

If memory holds, didn't we throw an interception in the end zone against Oklahoma in the big 12 title game? Win that one and its Fiesta Bowl against Boise St. We all know how that game turned out...
Yes, could’ve expanded our lead. Instead, TM throws across his body to middle of the field (EZ), and OU scores three plays later, cutting our lead in half, and capturing momentum

I loved that 2009 defense. Henery was a rock solid kicker. As mentioned by others the offense was essentially nonexistent. This was the mirror image of our 83 squad which had the scoring explosion, but an extremely mediocre defense which essentially ended up costing us the national title.

Wrong title game. The one with TM we had a 17 to 0 lead and lost. 2006 was with Zach Taylor.
That game still pisses me off. NU gift wrapped that damn game for the dirt burglars, 2010 that is. I wish NU had a better team to give them a better game this year. I’m not looking forward much to the beat down NU is likely to receive.

That game still pisses me off. NU gift wrapped that damn game for the dirt burglars, 2010 that is. I wish NU had a better team to give them a better game this year. I’m not looking forward much to the beat down NU is likely to receive.

When I saw OU on the schedule a few years back, I was stoked about where this team would be in year four with this staff. Now I'm really hoping they can make it a four quarter game.

One ray of sunshine is that OU does tend to have at least one stinker of a game a year against lessor opponents. Maybe NU can catch them napping.

When I saw OU on the schedule a few years back, I was stoked about where this team would be in year four with this staff. Now I'm really hoping they can make it a four quarter game.

One ray of sunshine is that OU does tend to have at least one stinker of a game a year against lessor opponents. Maybe NU can catch them napping.
I’m kinda guessing they won’t be napping for a 50 year anniversary game. Lol. This game will get a lot of, boy, remember when this game was the biggest of the season type games? Now, look what Nebraska has become.

I was also stoked for that, figuring by year 4, Frost would have this team in the top 10 ready to take on anyone, anywhere. Instead, it’s worse than a Riley coached team. Still damn hard to wrap my head around that.

I’m kinda guessing they won’t be napping for a 50 year anniversary game. Lol. This game will get a lot of, boy, remember when this game was the biggest of the season type games? Now, look what Nebraska has become.

I was also stoked for that, figuring by year 4, Frost would have this team in the top 10 ready to take on anyone, anywhere. Instead, it’s worse than a Riley coached team. Still damn hard to wrap my head around that.

I've said it before that I think this team turns a corner this fall. I still believe that.

Turning a corner versus beating a Oklahoma team that I've seen ranked as high as #3 in the 2021 pre season polls are two entirely different things, unfortunately.

I've said it before that I think this team turns a corner this fall. I still believe that.

Turning a corner versus beating a Oklahoma team that I've seen ranked as high as #3 in the 2021 pre season polls are two entirely different things, unfortunately.o
I hope you are right. Many people around here believe this might be the best Dirt Burglar team in at least a decade, their most complete team. Nebraska will have to play well to keep from getting blown out.

The thing that is so frustrating is that we could have won back to back league titles in 2009 and 2010. An eye-lash from winning both. But now we sit with an ugly 22 year drought of no league titles. Ugh!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back