• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maybe We're Better Than We Thought

Both of those coaches showed a high ability of no stability. One could never beat the better teams, the other could lose to anybody, and rise up to beat the toughest team on the schedule.
In year 5, three here, how can you draw the same conclusion with this staff and SF?
How can I draw the same conclusion? Maybe because this staff has won less than both the other staffs. And the issues we are seeing on the field are the same issues we saw with the other two staffs. No I'm going to have faith that it can come to an end under this staff until its proven that it won't.....as I did with the other 2 staffs.

I totally understand this but my issue is not the fact that we won. My issue is the fact we justify the problem that this winless team literally shut us out and we made zero adjustments......... with the fact that we won.......

Of course I'll take the win everyday of the week.....but I just can't get super excited about "progress" when I don't see it. What is being said today has been repeated about the program for YEARS......

Well, I believe that there is progress and I can see it with my own eyes. It's not close to being the finished product and there's a long way to go. But I have more faith in Frost to get it done than either BP or MR.

You're certain that your own expectations are the litmus test; I (and apparently others) don't think that your expectations mean very much. I also don't care about what others thought or said about Pelini or Riley: who cares? I see a team that is better. If you don't, fine. Time will tell. If you need to wait to see a final record, fine. Exactly how much are others supposed to value your frustration versus what our eyes already see?
You sound a bit emotional. No where did I state that anyone should value my opinions, expectations, perceptions, etc...over any one else. I simply express them like every other member on this board. You claim you and your coalition of buddies don't care......that's totally fine.....I'll lose no sleep because a bunch of strangers don't agree with me..... My question is, for all of the "don't care" you have for my view......why waste time responding to me? Just ignore and/or skip over the comments you see with my username attached. Really isn't that hared to do.

I'm going to participate in the conversations as I see fit being that I have the same privileges as you on the board. I think it's quite hilarious that someone gets so offensive because I'm not ready to plan a parade for being an unbeaten team....lol. Oh well.

It is not what is being said, but what is being seen that probably gives some fans more hope. Media and talking heads can "say" anything and spin anything, some people are just choosing to evaluate what they see. And i hate to beat the deceased horse, but very, very few people were incredibly optimistic about MR from the moment of hire (about as early on as it gets) other than people who let the sun rise and set by how many stars the next recruit has.
I agree on many points. Especially that many have very little to zero optimism for MR..... I honestly was one of them, but while he was walking the sideline I still chanted GBR because his success was the programs success. after a while it was just hard to see much positive with him in the position.

But the part I don't get is......the highlight part. People say something about the program based on what they see. I could change the wording of question and ask, "What are people seeing on the field under this staff's watch, that people didn't see under the other staffs control"......but it's really asking the same thing.

I look the positive outlook of seeing progress, even if it's little by little. I'm just having a hard time getting excited over the same things being said about the current state of the program, because it was the same thing said about MR when he took over from BP and BP when he took over from BC....

I'm patient though......I mean I have to be. I do feel like we can still have a good season. I felt that this season would be a big step forward anyway under HCSF. I hated that we lost to NW but that didn't change my prediction on the season.

Well, I believe that there is progress and I can see it with my own eyes. It's not close to being the finished product and there's a long way to go. But I have more faith in Frost to get it done than either BP or MR.
Well, I have no faith that BP or MR will get it done at this point so we agree there.....lol.

But yes, I value the process and I understand it's not a finished product or even close to it..

How can I draw the same conclusion? Maybe because this staff has won less than both the other staffs. And the issues we are seeing on the field are the same issues we saw with the other two staffs. No I'm going to have faith that it can come to an end under this staff until its proven that it won't.....as I did with the other 2 staffs.
So, you saw the attrition, the SnC, the admin etc.
Now, is there progress?
Not even counting wins, but do our guys hold up in the trenches?
Do our LBs clean up plays?
Is coaching and or player developement better?

Were tough calls made by SF or the admin? Refering to the Banker/MR situation.

Weve looked this good from game one this year, we've broken a trend of losing games we should have won against good talented team.

We need this to be a start, but I believe this time, if we roll off seven wins in a row, we wont have the doubts about just how good we are.
It aint the paint, but the wood behind it.

So, you saw the attrition, the SnC, the admin etc.
Now, is there progress?
Not even counting wins, but do our guys hold up in the trenches?
Do our LBs clean up plays?
Is coaching and or player developement better?

Were tough calls made by SF or the admin? Refering to the Banker/MR situation.

Weve looked this good from game one this year, we've broken a trend of losing games we should have won against good talented team.

We need this to be a start, but I believe this time, if we roll off seven wins in a row, we wont have the doubts about just how good we are.
It aint the paint, but the wood behind it.
I can roll with this. Believe me.... I understand the importance of patience. I think we are closer to getting over the hump than our results on the scoreboard indicates.

I fault no one for celebrating the little victories. I'm just waiting around for the big ones. I pray, hope, feel, & believe they are coming.......

I have been replaying the Penn State game the last couple days for background noise. One thing I have noticed is we have a pretty scrappy defense. They aren't quite Bill Snyder/K-State scrappy yet but they are getting there.

Well, I have no faith that BP or MR will get it done at this point so we agree there.....lol.

But yes, I value the process and I understand it's not a finished product or even close to it..
I'd love to see this staff match bo's total winning percentage through 7 years. With the slow start it would mean some great things are in store for us the next 4 years

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back