• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. Scott in NY

Class Act

I went with the old stand by, the ruffles. I tend to be a plain chips guy, the flavored ones don’t really do it for me. Every now and then I’ll get adventurous and pile some Doritos on the plate but I’m generally a ruffles/lays guy. There used to be a chip called O’Gradys holy cow were those...
  2. Scott in NY

That Raiola Kid Throws a Nice Ball

And to be clear, I'm not one of those people. I think he (should) be the best qb at Nebraska (certainly in my 53 year lifetime) we've seen. I just have learned over the past dozen years or so to temper my expectations of this program.
  3. Scott in NY

Class Act

My biggest worry (and this worry is slightly under the "what kind of chips am I having with my roast beef sandwich at lunch today" worry) is that these clowns will get some early wins and we will have to read the closet Sanders fans on here talking (again) about how Nebraska should have paid him...
  4. Scott in NY

That Raiola Kid Throws a Nice Ball

Certainly on the spring game field.
  5. Scott in NY

Hard Working Heinrich Haarberg

It's too bad Nebraska won't play against a spring defense all year or this kid would start.
  6. Scott in NY

7-0 and then 0-5?

I can easily see Colorado Illinois and Rutgers stinging Nebraska. It never fails. I would temper the 7-0 talk folks. Wasn't that the prediction last season too? (Maybe it was 4-0 heading into Michigan?)
  7. Scott in NY

Article on QB Battle

Crazy to think after all this time people still don't trust the coaching staff to put the best product on the field. Also crazy that everyone in here is a coach! (I'll look forward now to all the responses abbot the Jeff Sims debacle)
  8. Scott in NY

Harper Murray

The .169 could be three beers for some people folks. I’m not saying a state of .169 inebriation is ok but I can say from experience that it doesn’t take much to whack up the BAC. My roommate way back when was in the police academy and had a buddy who brought over a breathylyzer doohickey one...
  9. Scott in NY

Ribeye on the Grill

This is tough to read. One of the things I miss the most about divorce is being able to have a yard/grill to use. Probably right behind not seeing my kids very often anymore.
  10. Scott in NY

April FOOL

Anyone else get the Raiola leaving for the portal April fool story? When I was a kid April fools jokes were always pretty funny, especially when one of my friends got one over on me. I think it's pretty bizarre for a ("real"?) news outlet to send out an April fool post about a player entering...
  11. Scott in NY

The athletes are "chasing the bag". Why shouldn't an AD or Coach?

You are far from wrong. I don’t see how anyone could ever trust this guy again. EVER.
  12. Scott in NY

The athletes are "chasing the bag". Why shouldn't an AD or Coach?

Anyone on this forum list could go down to the corner and make more money than they currently make. And yes, I AM talking about what you think I am. I guess it all comes down to how well you sleep at night. No matter how NU athletics comes out of all this, I lost a TON of respect for the guy...
  13. Scott in NY

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Unfortunately this is all but a done deal. But I still simply cannot believe it.
  14. Scott in NY

Former OSU coach Pat Jones

I know these debates don't really ever end, but in my opinion Phillips had the most physical talent at RB I've ever seen (I'm 53) at the college level with the exception maybe of Sanders, Herschel and Bo Jackson. He was THAT good. Obviously we all know where he ended up because of all the other...
  15. Scott in NY

What was 1890 thinking???

Davison is such a jerk. See what I did there?
  16. Scott in NY

Whats this stuff regarding Trev?

He's the face of NU athletics, this is a pretty standard part of his job (unfortunately or not). I have no idea what the specific circumstances of this are (I think we all will soon) but either way it doesn't look great in terms of the national perception. I'll reserve comment on what I think...
  17. Scott in NY

Ooops Alabama!

The Deboer hire has Ray Perkins written all over it. Hope not for his sake.
  18. Scott in NY

Bill Callahan to the Titans

Elite. Always puzzles me.
  19. Scott in NY

Hope Jordy is okay

Just to show the reach/popularity of this player, my 9 year old daughter (who doesn't have the internet) knew this before I did. And we live in upstate NY.
  20. Scott in NY

Jordy Bahl Update

Wow what a devastating injury for her and the team.

Back