• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Honestly no point in him staying as of now. It is out of the bag that he want's out. How is he going to be able to go to anyone hat in hand asking for donations when they know he is already looking to leave.
I wonder if he is having problems with fundraising and/or getting approval to spend monies. Texas A&M seems to have unlimited resources. Should he decide to stay, I agree he may have issues with people donating, just because they feel scorned by him, for just looking.

When Matt Rhule gets us to the playoffs this year. Trev will poach him.

With Carter gone a chancellor with zero time on the job and now Trev this could be terrible news.

Maybe Harvey Pearlman with come back and really put another nail in it.

ncaa_ap_pederson_195.jpg

Is Steve available?

Bothers me too that the university of nebraska is the main reason he is where he is today.
Do you think anyone hires Trev as AD with a resume of argueing with Mark May as your main draw?
UNO gave him a shot when knowone would. TO helped get him started as an AD when he had no AD options.
hes biting the hands that fed him

Figured he'd eventually end up being a conference Commisioner at some point. Hate to see him go but things are moving pretty positively for Nebraska now and it's a good time to seek other opportunities if that's his bag.

This is terrible on so many levels:
* No continuity at the top (again, sigh)
* Rhule (and other coaches) lose a trusted confidant in Trev who appeared to be pushing in the same direction
* As N2FL said, wouldn't be surprised to see HCMR take off after next year or the year after
* This makes taking a job at NU a major risk for anyone - whether that means in the admin or at the coaching level.

As soon as I thought we were on the right path...

Honestly no point in him staying as of now. It is out of the bag that he want's out. How is he going to be able to go to anyone hat in hand asking for donations when they know he is already looking to leave.

Disagree. He could just be playing hardball.

I've no doubt where TA's heart lies, given his commitment to DONU.

Perhaps when this is all over, and he stays, he'll be able to say that administration and himself got some issues cleared up, without having to specify.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back