• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost wants to get back into coaching

Eh. Frost has/had some things to figure out. It would be good to see him figure those things out and do well.

In no way do I see him as someone that ruined Husker football. That goes way back to when Solich was let go. Frost was in over his head and did not handle pressure well. He needed more time to develop as a coach before taking on the job at Nebraska. Let that be a lesson for all. I remember some wanting him before Riley and were a bit put out when we passed on him then.

Also, let's not forget what Frost the QB went through before finding success at Nebraska. He has put a lot into this program.

As a head coach, his ambition was beyond his talent/development. My guess is at some point he recognized this, reacted poorly, and it snowballed. It was said by others before but I think a big part of Frost was relieved when he was let go.

Last edited:

Good points. In 20/20 hindsight, I would also say his lack of humility also hurt the program. His arrogance didn't sit well with the powers that be in the Big 10. How many of those one score games could have been Ws, if the holding calls came even close to averaging out?
Eh. Frost has/had some things to figure out. It would be good to see him figure those things out and do well.

In no way to I see him as someone that ruined Husker football. That goes way back to when Solich was let go. Frost was in over his head and did not handle pressure well. He needed more time to develop as a coach before taking on the job at Nebraska. Let that be a lesson for all. I remember some wanting him before Riley and were a bit put out when we passed on him then.

Also, let's not forget what Frost the QB went through before finding success at Nebraska. He has put a lot into this program.

As a head coach, his ambition was beyond his talent/development. My guess is at some point he recognized this, reacted poorly, and it snowballed. It was said by others before but I think a big part of Frost was relieved when he was let go.

Last edited:

In no way to I see him as someone that ruined Husker football. That goes way back to when Solich was let go. Frost was in over his head and did not handle pressure well. He needed more time to develop as a coach before taking on the job at Nebraska. Let that be a lesson for all. I remember some wanting him before Riley and were a bit put out when we passed on him then.

Agree on all of this

This was always my position on him. No experience, inherited a great team that had given up on the previous coach.
But he is a very good OC.

6B88VN3.png

Last edited:

Yep.

Pederson. Callahan. Perlman. Eichorst. Riley. Frost.

They all contributed to Nebraska football's continued irrelevancy. It makes me sad because Pelini was a nice link to the past since he had previously served as Frank's defensive coordinator.

I realize that his scheme had been figured out by Big Ten offenses, but I truly believe that if he had been working under Trev Alberts or Bill Moos that Pelini might have been able to turn the corner.
Scheme wasn't totally figured out we did win 9 games every year

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back