• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

For most anyone an opportunity like that would be very hard to pass on, if they're honest with themselves.

I can say 'At what point is enough, enough', but I don't make $1.7 million dollars, so it's just Hy
I'm not making anything like that but whose business is it if I made 10 x that much? Enough is enough is a personal, family decision. If your abilities demand that compensation, then so be it! Yeah my hypocrisy goes so far and I would not leave but I'm not him. Enough is enough is a personal decision. I can't be the judge it.

I am curious as to why you think that?

This was in soccer terms an "own goal". We just lost good leadership at a crucial time in UNL athletics history. We lost another guy that was close to MR. Relationships matter. I would not be surprised if he leaves in the next few years. He was very close to Trev Alberts and Ted carter and they were a big reason he is here at Nebraska. Now they are both gone.

Can we hire a good replacement for Trev? Sure it's possible. Good leaders are very hard to come by though. There's a reason they command the salaries that they do.

This was in soccer terms an "own goal". We just lost good leadership at a crucial time in UNL athletics history. We lost another guy that was close to MR. Relationships matter. I would not be surprised if he leaves in the next few years. He was very close to Trev Alberts and Ted carter and they were a big reason he is here at Nebraska. Now they are both gone.

Can we hire a good replacement for Trev? Sure it's possible. Good leaders are very hard to come by though. There's a reason they command the salaries that they do.
Let's be real, Rhule was making a ton more than Alberts, and now he's going to earn it.

usa-today-8866048.0.jpg

Now 13th.

Don't care. TA has had all sorts of time to clarify his concerns, intent, wishes. The fact that he is allowing this to drag on, even for a few hours, is a slap in the face to Nebraska. I would call his bluff, if that is what it is, and dismiss him.
You talk big but have no experience obviously!

There almost isn't a financial ceiling at Texas A&M.

Their program could afford $19.3 million payout within 60 days of Jimbo Fisher's firing. They can also easily afford to pay Fisher $7.2 million per year until 2031 and pay Mike Elko $7 million per year, plus a potential additional $3.5 million in incentives. Then you add the salaries of Elko's assistants and analysts.

A&M men's basketball coach Buzz Williams recent extension reportedly raised his salary to $4.1 million per year. Before the 2022 season, they poached SEC women's basketball 2021 Coach of the Year Joni Taylor from Georgia. She's making $1.45 million a year.

In the first two years of NIL, A&M athletes have earned approximately $10 million. According to Blake Lawrence, Nebraska's in the top 10 of NIL money overall, and top 5 in individual deals. That's great, but the ceiling at A&M is higher than at Nebraska. As Alberts told the BoR, the revenue picture isn't getting better, it's getting worse. Revenue sharing is coming to college sports and the fan base and the university aren't growing.
Ok cool, so he sold his soul for money, power, and ego? Yeah great. If that’s what one stands for, so be it. They gotta live with it. Obviously, he learned nothing overall from Tom Osborne.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back