• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

That’s a weak ass excuse. Bailed because no president is hired yet? Ridiculous. That doesn’t get in his way of doing his job. Maybe it does the stadium project, but that will get done in due time. What’s the hurry? Things were looking bright in the AD. Football seems to be on the uptick, basketball is in the NCAA tournament, have brand new facilities. Good for him, I hope it was worth it to him.
The lack of President is a symptom of the lack of leadership problem. Forgot who I was replying to. Look beyond your arrogance and emotional outbursts.

It's heartbreaking and doesn't bode well for our future. If we were publicly traded, our stock would be plummeting. If you consider everything that is going on in college football right now, and Trev's understanding of this, I'd say this is the biggest hit the program has taken since Osborne left.

We're about to enter a very complex and unprecedented time in CFB and we just lost a pretty good leader for really no good reason.

The lack of President is a symptom of the lack of leadership problem. Forgot who I was replying to. Look beyond your arrogance and emotional outbursts.
Maybe the right one hasn’t been found yet? I don’t know, but it doesn’t have a bearing on Trev being able to do his job. It’s a big job. As to why they haven’t? Who really knows, but Texas A&M is full of turmoil, they fire at will. It’s not arrogance, it’s truth.

I have no idea if jc is an option but i hope we dont have to hear the " we need an experienced ad" crap if he does
The best man for the job can come in different forms

Man, that hurts. And I must say I'm surprised. I thought he was a diehard Husker. But it's probably all about money. And I don't mean his salary; I mean the kind of cash that it's going to take to propel a program to the top in this new frontier of college football. I think Trev understands the landscape as well as anyone, and he could probably see a ceiling here that doesn't exist in programs like Texas AM.

It's heartbreaking and doesn't bode well for our future. If we were publicly traded, our stock would be plummeting. If you consider everything that is going on in college football right now, and Trev's understanding of this, I'd say this is the biggest hit the program has taken since Osborne left.

There almost isn't a financial ceiling at Texas A&M.

Their program could afford $19.3 million payout within 60 days of Jimbo Fisher's firing. They can also easily afford to pay Fisher $7.2 million per year until 2031 and pay Mike Elko $7 million per year, plus a potential additional $3.5 million in incentives. Then you add the salaries of Elko's assistants and analysts.

A&M men's basketball coach Buzz Williams recent extension reportedly raised his salary to $4.1 million per year. Before the 2022 season, they poached SEC women's basketball 2021 Coach of the Year Joni Taylor from Georgia. She's making $1.45 million a year.

In the first two years of NIL, A&M athletes have earned approximately $10 million. According to Blake Lawrence, Nebraska's in the top 10 of NIL money overall, and top 5 in individual deals. That's great, but the ceiling at A&M is higher than at Nebraska. As Alberts told the BoR, the revenue picture isn't getting better, it's getting worse. Revenue sharing is coming to college sports and the fan base and the university aren't growing.

Last edited:
Good Ol NU stepping in it again. Man it's almost comical being a Husker fan. If you don't laugh you'll cry being a fan. GBR. Onward through the fog.

There almost isn't a financial ceiling at Texas A&M.

Their program could afford $19.3 million within payout 60 days of Jimbo Fisher's firing. They can also easily afford to pay Fisher $7.2 million per year until 2031 and pay Mike Elko $7 million per year, plus a potential additional $3.5 million in incentives. Then you add the salaries of Elko's assistants and analysts.

A&M men's basketball coach Buzz Williams recent extension reportedly raised his salary to $4.1 million per year. Before the 2022 season, they poached SEC women's basketball 2021 Coach of the Year Joni Taylor from Georgia. She's making $1.45 million a year.

In the first two years of NIL, A&M athletes have earned approximately $10 million. According to Blake Lawrence, Nebraska's in the top 10 of NIL money overall, and top 5 in individual deals. That's great, but the ceiling at A&M is higher than at Nebraska. As Alberts told the BoR, the revenue picture isn't getting better, it's getting worse. Revenue sharing is coming to college sports and the fan base and the university aren't growing.
AM has more money than anyone really knows. My bosses brother is an alumni and the pockets run extremely deep.

Mrs. TA decision? Sorry if that's been posted. Not going to read through 30 pages. More important things going on in life. Good-bye Trev.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back