• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Loyalty and humility aren’t the commodities they once were. TO was a special guy in that regard. TA is obviously not who I thought he was. Hope he finds happiness in his pursuit of more dollars. Apparently, the idea of turning the football program around at Nebraska wasn’t at the top of his life goals and priorities. Rather shocking development if this is truly just about the quest for materiality. A real wake up call to how much things have changed.
Can’t argue sir. Pretty disturbing, at least to me.

people at A&M are saying less money and less years..

So why?
Maybe the people saying that don’t know what they are talking about?

Or maybe there is more to the story, behind the scenes in Nebraska. No matter what the reason, this development is not ideal and reflects that we can’t assume any ground beneath our feet is not going to give way. What looked like a stable situation just a few weeks ago has now been exposed as mere illusion. What looked like a group on a mission to turn the football program around was actually just the “next job”, and now the “previous job”, in an executive’s career.

We are in a very tricky position. UNL has about as many students now as it did in 1955. The state of Nebraska has about 3/4 the population of Dallas County, Texas. Omaha and Lincoln are doing okay but are treading water competing with larger cities. If you're not growing you're shrinking and it is tough for a small state in this era.

We're in a great spot in the Big Ten but when Ohio State and Michigan decide they don't want an even split of revenue any more within the conference we will get hit unless we start winning playoff games very soon.

Texas A&M is a better job for an AD. It's a hierarchy. They lost theirs to Ohio State. We lost ours to them. We'll hire someone from a smaller institution that sees Nebraska as a step up. But we're a stepping stone in this era. Not much we can do to change that except keep supporting the team.

Here's hoping Rhule sticks around.
Agree. If I could impress one point it’s that absolutely nothing is guaranteed or taken for granted in the new college football landscape. Sadly, all the history, fan support, traditions, rivalries, and general excellence will mean nothing in a few years if conference “peers” decide that NU is not pulling its weight right now. That means the product on the field and the marketability of it off the field. HCMR has a lot on his shoulders, and if I can ask one thing of all of us after TA left— please give HCMR some grace to make this happen. We may not get another opportunity.

We are in a very tricky position. UNL has about as many students now as it did in 1955. The state of Nebraska has about 3/4 the population of Dallas County, Texas. Omaha and Lincoln are doing okay but are treading water competing with larger cities. If you're not growing you're shrinking and it is tough for a small state in this era.

We're in a great spot in the Big Ten but when Ohio State and Michigan decide they don't want an even split of revenue any more within the conference we will get hit unless we start winning playoff games very soon.

Texas A&M is a better job for an AD. It's a hierarchy. They lost theirs to Ohio State. We lost ours to them. We'll hire someone from a smaller institution that sees Nebraska as a step up. But we're a stepping stone in this era. Not much we can do to change that except keep supporting the team.

Here's hoping Rhule sticks

Last edited:

Well, I'll step up to the plate and take my lumps. I posted the quote from the A&M associate AD about hearing nothing, and it was announced less than an hour later. Clearly what I linked to was wrong.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back