• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

For most anyone an opportunity like that would be very hard to pass on, if they're honest with themselves.

I can say 'At what point is enough, enough', but I don't make $1.7 million dollars, so it's just hypothetical.
If Trev leaves I hope it is for money.

If it is for some other reason then we should be concerned as his last interview with sipple and Callahan sounded a bit off when discussing the stadium project. Losing admiral Carter was a big blow. Losing trev would make me worry about outside influencers who have screwed up husker athletics for years

Last edited:
I think it's premature to bash Trev. For all we know A&M could have come to him and said we are willing to double your salary if you agree to be our AD. How many people on here would flat out say no? Most likely, an agent is involved, and will use it to squeeze more out of Nebraska, and if they don't get what they want, he will go. If it turns out Nebraska was willing to meet his demands, and he still leaves, then it's time to say don't let the door hit you in the ass.
I would. 1.7m at NU, probably already well off. Just me, but I wouldn’t have blinked twice about it. I’m already rich, and want MY SCHOOL to get back to respectability. Obviously, he must have learned NOTHING from Osborne. Ego, and power to me, is why he’d leave. Some just never have enough.

If Trev leaves I hope it is for money.

If it is for some other reason then we should be concerned as his last interview with sipple and Callahan sounded a bit off when discussing the stadium project. Losing admiral Carter was a big blow. Losing trev would make me worry about outside influencers who have screwed up husker athletics for years

Carter leaving I get. Regardless of who's driving the bus on with the Board, and as much as this pains me to say.....he upgraded. That's an understandable position to take. Unfortunate that a guy that close to retirement moves on, but I get it.

If Alberts leaves because he, and by extension the Athletic Department aren't getting the support they need from above....that would piss me off.

Actually that’s not quite accurate. Trev wanted to let him go at the end of that first year trev was here but was over ruled by Ronnie and Carter. You are correct in disagreeing with said poster for not being a bad reflection on Trev. Just that Trev wasn’t believing he needed another year
I understand your point and agree with you.

The decision to fire SF probably delayed the rebuild for a year … nevertheless it did allow TA to get a firm grip on the tiller before entering the maelstrom that he went through in year 2.

If you have an AD who is calling the shots, or attempting to, you have a program that is in trouble. Under those circumstances, TA would be wise to leave.

If you have an AD who is calling the shots, or attempting to, you have a program that is in trouble. Under those circumstances, TA would be wise to leave.
He’s not calling shots, he’s giving the board of regents one last chance to hire a university president or he’s gone

You are just all about Trev leaving. Did he take your seats away?

He’s not calling shots, he’s giving the board of regents one last chance to hire a university president or he’s gone

One question I have is how involved is the Interim at this point? Is he just a part time guy who's sea gulling things?

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-a...on-comments-on-reported-hire-of-trev-alberts/

Maybe we can slow down and take a breath.
Now, Texas A&M has come out and commented on the situation. Associate athletic director Alan Cannon claims he has not been made aware of any hire being made, let alone Alberts.

“Texas A&M President Mark Welsh appointed a seven-person committee to search for our new Director of Athletics,” Cannon said. “I have not received any notification from the President or anyone on the committee at this time.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back