• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

No, he is allowing it to stay public.

How many hours has it been since this broke and not a word from TA. At a minimum, he is playing Nebraska.

Play the game behind the scenes, knowing full well that what you are doing is likely to become public knowledge. Once it is, get off the fence.
It's already out. Should TA come out and say "Nope, don't worry, I'm staying" and then later, once things crater, come back out and say "Check that, I'm actually leaving"? I can't even imagine the outrage then. It's out there, hopefully there are conversations underway to iron out whatever the issues are and once it's final, we'll all know

I think some here are being too sensitive. This is business. TA is a very, very good business man. He has goals. Something is an obstacle to achievement of those goals that is requiring him to act like a big boy. He does this exceptionally well. The University needs to do the same. I feel the decision is theirs.
Yes. What and how he’s doing things is exactly why A&M is trying to hire him away.

For most anyone an opportunity like that would be very hard to pass on, if they're honest with themselves.

I can say 'At what point is enough, enough', but I don't make $1.7 million dollars, so it's just hypothetical.
Exactly my thoughts which is where I get the conclusion that it’s a chess match. Either get him what he needs to do his job or he’ll leave and they can see what Husker Nation thinks of the decision to let him walk

No, he is allowing it to stay public.

How many hours has it been since this broke and not a word from TA. At a minimum, he is playing Nebraska.

Play the game behind the scenes, knowing full well that what you are doing is likely to become public knowledge. Once it is, get off the fence.
Dragging it out “even for a few hours” is his sin? The discussion becomes public and it his responsibility to make a final decision in an hour? That is absurd. A headless Nebraska may struggle for some time in trying to respond to Albert’s receiving an offer from AandM. Let it play out one way or another.
BTW, doesn’t his new K promise a bump if he isn’t in the top 3 in the big 10 and top 10 nationally? If so, I do think something other than money is at play.

I definitely see the argument that by not making a public statement and allowing this to stew, it’s essentially a breach of the public trust. But, what are the consequences? If he stays and programs keep improving, most everyone will forget and move in. If he goes, then it doesn’t really matter because people will be upset anyway.

I like the theory that he’s playing hardball with the Regents. Fingers crossed that’s the case and they come through.

You're missing the point. TA has allowed this to go public. He didn't need to. He is, at a minimum, playing Nebraska, publicly. That is not showing respect.

If you want to leave, leave. If you think A&M is a better deal, take it. The message he is sending is that he is not committed to Nebraska. He could leave at any time if a better deal comes along.

The fact that he is considering a move in a very public way is concerning.
He didn’t let it go public, insiders let it go public. He’s not saying anything because he’s letting the board of regents make a decision as to whether or not they do the things he needs them to do

He didn’t let it go public, insiders let it go public. He’s not saying anything because he’s letting the board of regents make a decision as to whether or not they do the things he needs them to do
So the tail is wagging the dog? Never a good situation.

Last edited:
So the tail is wagging the dog? Never a good situation.
I mean it’s the last ditch effort to get the leadership above in a better position otherwise we will be in a downward spiral. 100% agree with Trev based on what I’m hearing. He’s not going to leave if the BoR hires a president with the same vision as Trev

All 3 of these guys would be good candidates. Ed Stewart has never seemed to have an interest in the job when it has been open the multiple of times.

John Cook would be a good stop gap, but he is not a long term solution. I think Rhule and Hoiberg would love having him as their AD. Does Cook want to take a pay cut?

Garth Glismann would be a great candidate. If he is interested.
I suspect regardless of who is hired if they turn out to be excellent they won’t be long term anyway. Big schools dripping with money and prestige will always be able to hire our really good AD's away from us. That’s just a fact so we might as well get used to 2nd string hires. Seems like the only long term AD we can hire is someone that no one else wants.... Oh well! I do feel TA leaving right now is a backhanded smack across Nebraska's face!! :mad:

I mean it’s the last ditch effort to get the leadership above in a better position otherwise we will be in a downward spiral. 100% agree with Trev based on what I’m hearing. He’s not going to leave if the BoR hires a president with the same vision as Trev
So, by this reasoning, why don't they just hire TA as President? Then he could turn around and rehire himself as AD.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back