• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 QBs in the Portal

But if the Cornhuskers can secure McCord as their quarterback this offseason, with or without Fleming, it could change the entire completion of their 2024 season in year two under head coach Matt Rhule. As Nakos elaborated on what’s stood out regarding McCord’s recruitment so far following his entry into the transfer portal.

“The offensive coordinator at Nebraska Marcus Satterfield flew to Columbus last week for a quick meeting and there’s word thrown out there that Nebraska has by far been the most aggressive school when it comes to trying to find a quarterback on this market. I think they’ve talked to five now,” Nakos said. “But that meeting went really well, and then in terms of where else McCord’s looked, I’ve some heard rumblings about Mississippi State, there was a thought that Syracuse could get in the mix. But the last 48-72 hours it’s been all Nebraska.”

Not comparable. Pete Nakos is a legitimate sports journalist with good insight and contacts. Sir Yacht was some guy named Bob with an Android.
Ummm...I guess you didn't sense my partial sarcasm.

But let's be honest here, Nakos the legit sports journalist just claimed four days ago McCord would never consider a lesser team from the B1G and then did the amateurish move of deleting his tweet. Legit journalist? I'll just agree to disagree.

Did you listen to his interview with Sip and Cal? He provided zero insight besides the fact that he confirmed that agents are heavily involved with NIL, which wasn't earth shattering. It was a painful listen.

Last edited:

But let's be honest here, Nakos the legit sports journalist just claimed four days ago McCord would never consider a lesser team from the B1G and then did the amateurish move of deleting his tweet. Legit journalist? I'll just agree to disagree.

Did you listen to his interview with Sip and Cal? He provided zero insight besides the fact that he confirmed that agents are heavily involved with NIL, which wasn't earth shattering. It was a painful listen.
Turn down your hearing aids :thumbsup:

Sports and politics. Things are said, tales are told. The reasons are sometimes not clear.

Maybe the McCord camp did tell Nakos that. Maybe they had a reason. You and I will probably never know. What is clear from the majority of the reporting is that McCord's father, a former QB at Rutgers, is heavily involved in the process.

Bottom line:

"Don't believe everything that you read in the newspapers" ____ Andrew Card

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back