• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois Week Practice Thread: 5 October Depart For Illinois

This whole scenario surrounding "the way we lost" to Michigan sets up a really intriguing opportunity, a possible glimpse into seeing the difference/effectiveness of this coaching staff compared to previous regimes.

We've heard very similar sentiments from previous coaching staffs after a loss, so I'm really interested in (and will be looking for) seeing a difference in these players' AND coaches' performance this next game.

GBR!!

Last edited:
This whole scenario surrounding "the way we lost" to Michigan sets up a really intriguing opportunity, a possible glimpse into seeing the difference/effectiveness of this coaching staff compared to previous regimes.

We've heard very similar sentiments from previous coaching staffs after a loss, so 'm really interested in (and will be looking for) seeing a difference in these players' AND coaches' performance this next game.

GBR!!
From some of the things the players said, it appears the coaches got their attention with a full pads Sunday evening practice instead of a walk through.

It's also possible coaches got the message. Rhule mentioned White and the defense, and today White acknowledged that. Was Rhule's message of we play to win we don't play not to lose also directed at the defensive play calling, not being aggressive enough, playing it too careful.

I get the frustration, but yeah, we're 5 games in, with many winnable games left. If we lay a,turd during this next stretch, complain away, I guess.
True, but even if we don't make a bowl for example, there's not much point in co⁵mplaining with the same thing over and over. Rhule isn't going anywhere for 5 years.

And in the new world where because of transfers coaches have to continuously recruit not just the upcoming freshman class but also all the players cutrently on the team and a class of potential transfers, fan impatience and excessive negativity can be more damaging to a program than ever before. Just how it is.

All that said I don't think we've had a problem with that here yet. Same day or days after a bad loss are always going to be rough and that's just normal. Almost everybody on here seems very realistic to me.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back