• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely correct. Which is hilarious, considering if we were to land Dante Reno in a normal year, Husker fans would be ecstatic. Kid is a legit baller with NFL potential.

That and he has an awesome name.

It's not 'Monte Christo' good, but damn. It's good.

If it was in a construction zone it was for his safety and OSHA rules may be in play. Maybe that guy should be a pass anyway

I don't know if any of the noise is true, but seriously, nothing is less surprising than a teenage kid being bored by structured events. Especially when the kid in question is in a group of kids that gets treatment most adults never see when they go on these visits.

This whole process is really getting disgusting.

I don't know if any of the noise is true, but seriously, nothing is less surprising than a teenage kid being bored by structured events. Especially when the kid in question is in a group of kids that gets treatment most adults never see when they go on these visits.

Another angle that I've been pondering...

In hindsight, that huge recruiting weekend may have been "too big" in terms of the sheer number of recruits.

In hindsight, that huge recruiting weekend may have been "too big" in terms of the sheer number of recruits.

It's a fair question, that I don't think we can answer since we don't know any of the young men involved. At least I don't.

You're going for 'Shock and Awe' and can't dedicate enough one on one time with each kid. Some will likely enjoy the experience and being around other top 100 type players and others might feel like they were lost in the flood so to speak. Honestly, if a kid comes in a group like that and his concern is the amount of attention he's getting, that might not be a good sign.

I for one applaud Rhule for going after the top of the list players. Previous staffs going back to Pelini seemed to take the stance that those kids weren't interested and were a waste of time. I like the 'You don't know if you don't ask' approach Rhule is taking. Bring 'em all in and work your butt off trying to get them interested.

I gotta be honest, I like what I've seen. So far.

Yea I had wondered about that. It also could have had the mob mentality of either you get most all or hardly any. There is enough sourceful insiders out there who have hinted it wasn’t a “most all”.

Rhule has been about as straightforward as he can be with what his recruiting approach is.

Come to the school. See how we do things. Don’t like how we do things? Have different priorities than the values in our program? No problem. You simply don’t belong here.

At no point has Rhule said his approach is for everyone. He has stated quite the opposite. What everyone (recruits, alumni, media) seems to be saying is that the coaching staff is coaching the hell out of players at practice. I think this staff is elite at development. Not every recruit thinks they need/desires to be coached hard.
I agree with this. It’s the fans that aren’t comprehending Rhules position. If this isn’t perfect for DR then Rhule doesn’t want him here at less than 100%. Fans need to move on. No reason to blame anyone but dang stop defending it too. Pretty clear at this point it’s not NU. Wait for something to change before trying to defend that it still could happen.

Two things to watch for here with Raiola moving forward.

First, does he schedule an OV to Nebraska? I'd assume it'd be during a Friday Night Lights Camp in June. That way he could interact with the coaches in a practice setting as much as being able to see them operate during a practice like he did last Saturday.

Second, does Rhule see him immediately in May during the evaluation period like he did in January? Does he send his entire staff again? If not, really start to worry.

Rhule has been about as straightforward as he can be with what his recruiting approach is.

Come to the school. See how we do things. Don’t like how we do things? Have different priorities than the values in our program? No problem. You simply don’t belong here.

At no point has Rhule said his approach is for everyone. He has stated quite the opposite. What everyone (recruits, alumni, media) seems to be saying is that the coaching staff is coaching the hell out of players at practice. I think this staff is elite at development. Not every recruit thinks they need/desires to be coached hard.

I tend to think Kirby Smart and staff aren't presenting a program where recruits won't be coached at least as hard as Rhule and staff.

I've felt the same for 20 years. It is what it is.

For those who were wondering basically what I heard is that the guys last weekend were expecting to be blown away but apparently many were not, with one (or more) complaining that they were bored. Apparently very few left viewing Nebraska as a serious consideration and that seems to have impacted Dylan’s decision.
Were they expecting hookers and blow on the visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back