• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Staff Changes & Tracker

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Georgia Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2016–present)
2016Georgia8–54–4T–2nd (Eastern)W Liberty
2017Georgia13–27–11st (Eastern)W Rose†, L CFP NCG22
2018Georgia11–37–11st (Eastern)L Sugar87
2019Georgia12–27–11st (Eastern)W Sugar44
2020Georgia8–27–22nd (Eastern)W Peach77
2021Georgia14–18–01st (Eastern)W Orange †, W CFP NCG11
2022Georgia14–08–01st (Eastern)W Peach †, CFP NCG
Georgia:80–1548–9
Total:80–15
National championship Conference title Conference division title or championship game berth

First Saban Assistant (DC) to win Broyles award as best assistant coach in country.

But note that under Mark Ritche, Georgia was 10-3 in 2015, the year before Smart was hired, so current stories about bringing Georgia "back" only refer to the National Championship he won last year, first since 1980 under Vince Dooley, whereas, unlike us, Georgia had been winning before Smarts arrival, just not championships.

Nearly zero experience. Really hope this works out.

Do these two guys have any real position coaching experience, or are they just two more assistant position coaches? That's about five coaches with very little experience? Please correct me, I hope I'm wrong. I am very unimpressed with these hires.

Taken from the Panther web site:

Garret McGuire is in his second season with the Panthers in 2022, working as an offensive assistant.
McGuire comes to the coaching staff straight from Baylor University where he played as a backup quarterback and special teamer from 2017-20, spending three seasons under Panthers head coach Matt Rhule.

Rob Dvoracek is in his second season with the Panthers in 2022, working as a defensive assistant. A former linebacker and student assistant at Temple, Dvoracek spent two seasons as an assistant coach at Lehigh.
Dvoracek worked with the defensive ends and outside linebackers at Lehigh in the 2019 and 2020 seasons.
Prior to Lehigh, he spent two seasons as a defensive quality control coach at Baylor under head coach Matt Rhule and defensive coordinator Phil Snow.

No kidding, im getting too old to keep starting over.

Didn't we just go through that with the last guy?

Will be interesting to see if the Omaha and Lincoln press want to press MR on the experience issue.
They should. I'm all for a 2 guys on staff that are really young. But we're getting into what the heck territory. These guys are children (they could legally still be on their parents insurance!).

He pulls his out and he will be considered the ultimate coach whisperer.

Are they both coach's kids? That's interesting and I tend to give those kids a bit more leeway. Kids pick up a lot from their dads.

Last edited:
They should. I'm all for a 2 guys on staff that are really young. But we're getting into what the heck territory. These guys are children (they could legally still be on their parents insurance!).

He pulls his out and he will be considered the ultimate coach whisperer.

Are they both coach's kids? That's interesting and I tend to give those kids a bit more leeway. Kids pick up a lot from their dad

Maybe their former roommates still have eligibility and are apt to enter the transfer portal.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back