• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Staff Changes & Tracker

Almost every time besides Solich.
letl's see. CAlly kept Gill, but not as a coach. but think gill went to packers? in some capacity
Bo kept the OC?, whatever his name was.
Frost brought back Ron Brown...which is still on husker staff in some capacity under Rhule.
Don't think Riley kept anyone
Devaney cleaned house? kept one? Bible? well it was quite an exodus of coaches when Dana took over:)

Regarding incoming HCs and their first-year staffs, after doing a little digging, I believe that:

Solich retained all of Osborne's assistants. The only new assistant was RB coach Darlington, who took over Solich's previous role.

Callahan retained Bill Busch, Scott Downing, Turner Gill, and Dave Kennedy.

Pelini retained Shawn Watson, Barney Cotton, Ted Gilmore, Marvin Sanders, and Curt Baldus, and brought back Ron Brown.

Riley cleaned house.

Frost cleaned house.

Corrections welcomed...

Last edited:
Regarding incoming HCs and their first-year staffs, after doing a little digging, I believe that:

Solich retained all of Osborne's assistants. The only new assistant was RB coach Darlington, who took over Solich's previous role.

Pelini retained Shawn Watson, Barney Cotton, Ted Gilmore, Marvin Sanders, and Curt Baldus, and brought back Ron Brown.

Riley cleaned house.

Frost cleaned house.

Corrections welcomed...
Darlington was not the rb coach for Solich. He was the elder statesman on the staff from Osborne, coaching dbacks.

The rb coach for Solich was Dave Gillespie

Barney cotton was not on Callahan staff. He was coaching at Iowa state. I don't believe Marvin Sanders was on Callahan staff, either

I don't think Bill Busch was on Solich staff

Last edited:

Matt Rhule, Nebraska – A​

Matt Rhule has a track record of turning college programs around, and quickly. He took Temple from a two-win team to a ten-win team in the span of three seasons. He turned Baylor into an eleven-win team from a two-win team in the same time span. Since 2017, Nebraska has had two three-win seasons, three four-win seasons, and a five-win season. This program is in desperate need of a quick turnaround, and I believe Rhule is the perfect guy.

letl's see. CAlly kept Gill, but not as a coach. but think gill went to packers? in some capacity
Bo kept the OC?, whatever his name was.
Frost brought back Ron Brown...which is still on husker staff in some capacity under Rhule.
Don't think Riley kept anyone
Devaney cleaned house? kept one? Bible? well it was quite an exodus of coaches when Dana took over:)

Riley cleaned house.

Frost cleaned house.

Corrections welcomed...

Riley attempted to keep at least one from Bo's staff and offered Charlton Warren. I believe Warren accepted at first and he decided to leave later on.

C

NCAA has also been talking about cap changes as early as February. Good idea to be anticipating this and looking for additional hires.

Regardless, we should be adding a dozen extra and looking at total staff north of 40.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back