• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New DC - Tony White

Are you under 30?
1670602864023.jpeg

Maybe you can just try being happy instead.
Well, he certainly has made it clear he expects the turnaround to occur in year one, and if not, it must be considered a failure. :Banghead:

It’s funny to see so many people take the position that “I don’t know this guy or anything about him, therefore it must be a bad hire!” I suspect many have an inflated view of their ability to tell the difference between a good or bad hire.

Last edited:
I had no ideas who this guy was, but I did see allot of syracuse games here in dfw. I loved the way that team and defense played. That game against Clemson, those boys were on it. Unlike what we have seen here, they actually tackled and played with discipline. Who cares about the "3-3-5" bs. Like every team, we will be in Nicole thr majority of the time anyway. As far as the BIG is concerned, except Iowa, you need speed and athletes to compete. I like the hire. Good job rhule.

:Corn2::Corn2::Corn2::Corn2::Corn2::Corn2:

As I read up on the defense I am intrigued. Like I said yesterday, Wright, Gifford, and our LB should love it. I would think Hausmann will absolutely love it if he pulls out of the portal. I think he is key here. Another key is will our guys tackle.

I think if Hausmann stays it's a win. But we still need DL that can at least get some pressure.

Last edited:
With so much situational defense, I think your reading to much into it. If white trots out a nickel style defense on every down vs Iowa and Wisconsin I’ll stand corrected.

The only real rule that has to be followed is 11 defenders on the field. Changing personal, alignment, scheme changes on practically every down of every game.
I think this point shouldn't be lost on anyone

Its always fun to listen to the people that know something new wont work, even though they are not an expert in the field they are talking about. Can we let this guy that may be one of the top 75 in the world working at his profession have some space to implement what he thinks will work before all the "experts" start shooting him down?

I still remember in early 90s when a defensive coordinator that most thought was an idiot at the time decided to start using nickel and dime packages with speed to defend the run. I can just imagine what you experts thought when that happened.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back