• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New DC - Tony White

NFL or not, not one of them has excperienced the level of success we need to fix problems here at Nebraska. As I said I hope I’m wrong, but at face value this looks like more of the same for the next five years to me.
I keep thinking back to what Rhule told us in the beginning. He is interested in hard working grinders that are on board with doing things his way. Many of these coaches have solid recruiting backgrounds but all seem to check the boxes for what Rhule said he wants.

I do see that there is likely to be a learning curve as the first thing on his agenda…..other than roster management….will be getting his staff trained and in sync. Having them do it your way requires training them first. That might explain the slow starts in his previous rebuild programs.

Last edited:

How'd our last "slam dunk" hire work out?

I think Rhule needs time to play this out. Every slam dunk hire wasn't a slam dunk at some point . . . before they were.
This is why we should’ve kept going after the best. Not trial one top coach then go back to going after average coaches.

Last edited:

NFL or not, not one of them has excperienced the level of success we need to fix problems here at Nebraska. As I said I hope I’m wrong, but at face value this looks like more of the same for the next five years to me.
what are some names that would have made you happy?

My experience has been people who say. "I hope I am wrong" really don't. That way they can say. SEE I TOLD YOU.
Tell ya what Thom, take a screenshot, put it in your phones calendar, and start a thread on it in a year. You betcha I’ll say I told you so, but if needed I’ll put my foot in my mouth happily.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back